Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> After getting continuty and handoff working six programs stopped working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AORUS PRO WIFI ITX Z390
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
XFX RAWII 5700XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
This morning I was able to get continuity and handoff working by using the procedures talked about on the forum...no big thing, but after that I found today that out of the 172 apps installed on my customac, 6 refuse to work

1. CleanMyMac3 - worked prior to, but got an error stating it could not be opened. Ran firstaid on MacHD, nothing, uninstalled/reinstalled, nothing
2. CleanMyMacX - works, however, I can not activate it, the activiation dies, program does not. Turned Firewall off/on, uninstalled/reinstall, nothing
3. EpicGames Launcher - one bounce on the dock the gone
4. Geekbench4 - Starts, but only shows a Greybox. Its movable, resizable, but otherwise just a greybox. uninstall/reinstall, nothing
5. Rapidweaver6 - bounce on the dock, gone uninstall/reinstall, nothing
6. Chirp Daily - icon does not even come up the dock twitches uninstall/reinstall, nothing

All of these worked before continuity/handoff did...dont know why that would be thorwing any of these

Any thoughts on what to look for?

Okay so I am still confused as to what could be causing these issues, but it has to be something loading on startup.
Heres what I have done so far

1. updated all my kexts
2. removed the broadcom fixes from my EFI - no change apps still dont work (and just those 6)
3. removed the wireless and broadcom items from Library>Exentions... the same result
4. Uninstalled/restarted reinstalled... the same result
5. created a new profile, checking to see if my profile was crapped out... the same result
6. started hackmac with -x to get to safe mode...all the apps work...

So the question is how to I figure out what is causing these to crash...and how do I take out something on loading up... it's just weird

Okay so I am still confused as to what could be causing these issues, but it has to be something loading on startup.
Heres what I have done so far

1. updated all my kexts
2. removed the broadcom fixes from my EFI - no change apps still dont work (and just those 6)
3. removed the wireless and broadcom items from Library>Exentions... the same result
4. Uninstalled/restarted reinstalled... the same result
5. created a new profile, checking to see if my profile was crapped out... the same result
6. started hackmac with -x to get to safe mode...all the apps work...

So the question is how to I figure out what is causing these to crash...and how do I take out something on loading up... it's just weird

Hello there.

Any software that "activates" can potentially refuse to continue working if you change some of the core details - and this is possible when you set up a Hackintosh for iMessage. All those UUIDs, the serial-number, motherboard type etc. Even a system-definition. These can all change something - and we are never usually told what - that software uses to verify and activate.

Having said all that, I use RapidWeaver (3,5,6 &7) and haven't had this problem before. You can deactivate the software too to regain an activation.

I suppose you need to review what you did to get iMessage set up ... Did you do any full system backups prior, so you could possibly restore and then de-activate as necessary before making the changes again?

:)

Last edited:
I basically gave up, I tried hunting down the kext that was causing the problem but there was about 20 or so that were not in safe/vice normal...
I went with a vanilla build, and have not had any problems since.
will be posting my build guild today. My setup is 99.999% functional, with only the 1 type c port not being able to be USB3 speeds as I could not figure out which port is was when I made my custom SSDT file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back