Contribute
Register

After Effects Crashing OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question -- are you guys overclocking? I feel like I had a very slightly unstable OC and it was causing crashing. Or it may have had to do with my ram. I was running 64gb at 3200mhz which is what it's spec'd for, but since dropping that down to 2133mhz and slighting adjusting my CPU voltage, it seems at least in the short term I'm not getting the same Adobe crashes.

Upgrade to 10.13.4 didn't change anything, but I matched my CUDA and Nvidia Web Drivers which may have something to do with it as well. I also think I started having these issues after installing CUDA, so that's another x factor here.

I updated to the latest After Effects - It is the same. As said before, I have absolutely no issues with other applications!

I believe for me it was a slightly unstable overclock. Specifically, my RAM. I upped the voltage on my ram and it seems to have fixed the issue. I also still don't have CUDA installed if that makes any difference.

I do not have overclocked my system. I do need CUDA!

Try underclocking your ram or raising the voltage and see if it makes a difference. I've read that anything over the default read of your ram is considered overclock. So for my system, it reads 2133hz if I don't choose an XMP profile. My x99 system is supposed to work perfectly with 3200hz ram (which is what my ram is rated for) but I ended had to raise the voltage to get it stable.

My current understanding is After Effects was the only program that put enough strain on the ram to cause a crash. Kinda makes sense I guess.

Without CUDA installed, my system is incredibly stable while running After Effects. Running AE with CUDA installed freezes my system in under 1 minute.

I removed PMdrvr.kext per this thread and don't get the crashes anymore, although it seems my overclock (and possibly Speedstep?) isn't working correctly anymore.

Try underclocking your ram or raising the voltage and see if it makes a difference. I've read that anything over the default read of your ram is considered overclock. So for my system, it reads 2133hz if I don't choose an XMP profile. My x99 system is supposed to work perfectly with 3200hz ram (which is what my ram is rated for) but I ended had to raise the voltage to get it stable.

My current understanding is After Effects was the only program that put enough strain on the ram to cause a crash. Kinda makes sense I guess.
I'm having the same issue here with an X99 system I have, and is driving me nuts! I had to lover voltage on cpu because it was crashing the whole system when using Cubase for music producing, it also happens that from time to time, while using Davinci, Premiere and AE my system shits suddenly, it is very random..

What did you do to higher the voltage? do you know if there is any comprehensive site or post related to OC that could help stabilise our systems??

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back