Contribute
Register

After doing post installation using MultiBeast Computer reboots every 2-3 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B75A-G43 - Version E7758IMS V10.2
CPU
Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHZ
Graphics
ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have this older PC laying around that I wanted to install Sierra on to test the install before I buy a new system for it.

It has this hardware:
EVGA X58 LE (141-BL-E757)
Core i7 Processor 2.6GHZ (LGA1366)
8GB Ram
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Everything works fine on the install. I used the instructions at: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ported-intel-based-pc.200564/#create_unibeast

I get to STEP 5: Post Installation with MultiBeast. I install with the Legacy Boot Mode (I also tried the UEFI Boot Mode to be sure, but the drive is never found after reboot)

After doing Legacy boot mode and doing the install and rebooting everything comes up fine. But the computer will reboot after about 2-3 minutes and keep doing that over and over again. I searched the forums for the last 24 hours but could not find any solutions that worked.

I'm hoping the hardware is compatible and I'm just not choosing the right options in the post installation. I have tried leaving everything at default and just doing the boot loader as well.

If anyone has any suggestions or fixes please let me know.

Thanks!!!

@aslocombe, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

My apologies. I did this post on 8 hours of sleep in the last 3 days, and thought I had entered that info. But I had only entered it in the post itself :(

I have continued searching, but I haven't found any solutions to this problem. So I guess I will ask a different question.

Is this hardware compatible with Sierra? I checked everything I could find. All the instructions were for Snow Leopard and other versions that are not Sierra. I even downloaded and tried the Multi Best for other versions so I could get the drivers from those and use the config examples found in searches.

The hardware is:
EVGA X58 LE (141-BL-E757)
Core i7 Processor 2.6GHZ (LGA1366)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back