Contribute
Register

After Clover upgrade on USB thumb drive boot screen still shows previous version number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 AORUS Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I created a new USB thumb drive with Clover to test a few things. One of those tests was upgrading Clover.

I am able to boot properly from my primary hard drive using the USB thumb drive. I went ahead and upgraded the USB thumb drive from r5118 to r5133. When I boot from the USB thumb drive now the system boots but the version that is displayed at the lower right corner of Clover screen is still the old version (5118 EFI).

To test that I was actually booting from the USB thumb drive properly I removed the theme I was using (Neon) from under the Clover>Themes directory. Now when I boot from the USB thumb drive I do get a basic whiteish screen and not the black/neon that I used to see. But the version displayed is that of the old version.

Am I not upgrading my USB thumb drive properly? Any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

It's possible you did not update your USB thumb drive. You could boot entirely from the thumb drive if you also put a working MacOS system on it, with a copy of the latest Clover. Also disconnect your normal boot drive in your computer so this way you know it will boot from the USB Thumb, then update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back