Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just a strange "problem" that I noticed. Before updating to Clover r4200, I had the "Memory" tab in About This Mac window and System Info - Memory showed "Upgradable Memory: Yes". Now, it says "Upgradable Memory: No" and the "Memory" tab is gone. So macOS thinks my RAM is soldered to the motherboard, much like real Macs. Any way to fix this?

Attachments

• RAM problem reporting.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 110
Just a strange "problem" that I noticed. Before updating to Clover r4200, I had the "Memory" tab in About This Mac window and System Info - Memory showed "Upgradable Memory: Yes". Now, it says "Upgradable Memory: No" and the "Memory" tab is gone. So macOS thinks my RAM is soldered to the motherboard, much like real Macs. Any way to fix this?

Go back to the previous Clover to verify if it changes back.
It is probably an intentional change in Clover SMBIOS data.
You can then look at the commit logs to determine what change was made to the source and which SMBIOS entry is likely to control it.

Go back to the previous Clover to verify if it changes back.
It is probably an intentional change in Clover SMBIOS data.
You can then look at the commit logs to determine what change was made to the source and which SMBIOS entry is likely to control it.
Thanks for your reply. Can I downgrade to an older version just by running the Clover installer pkg for an older version?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 22.20.17.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 22.20.17.png
    43 KB · Views: 390
You have a lot of commits to review between 4077 and 4200.
I am not so sure that it is a Clover thing, the memory tab is gone from my MacBookPro :

Memory.png

why Upgradable Memory shows "No" when my one slot is empty?
Probably because the memory is not upgradeable in a real MacBook Air.
It does not mean that if you add memory to your Hack it will not be detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back