Contribute
Register

After Catalina 10.15.4 Update, "Boot Install macOS" Is Still on Clover Boot Menu Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The update went actually well. I can start my system, and it shows version 10.15.4 as you can see below.

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 22.44.30.png

However, there is one issue I have to deal with when I restart my PC the Clover bootloader shows this:

clover1.jpeg

The option to install from macOS is still there as default, and of course since it has done it already it results in this message:
macscreen.jpeg

Choosing the other option results in a fully functional mac OS. Is there a quick fix for this ? Thanks in advance !

The update went actually well i can start my system and it shows version 10.15.4 as you can see below

View attachment 457311

however there is one issue i have to deal with when i restart my pc the clover bootloader shows this:

View attachment 457312

the option to install from mac os is still there as default and of course since it has done it already it results in this message:
View attachment 457313

choosing the other option results in a fully functional mac OS, is there a quick fix for this ? thanks in advance !
I'm having the same problem. All seems to work fine otherwise.

Hi russindy
I'm having the same problem. All seems to work fine otherwise.

I just found out that the folder macOS Install Data was still present in the Mac-OS-Data partition. After I deleted this folder, it did no longer appear in my Clover loader, and all seems to be fine here now
Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 00.25.55.png

I right clicked on the Mac-OS-DATA partition and selected show in finder. Here the folder appeared. I removed it, rebooted and it worked fine again.

Hi russindy

i just found out that the folder macOS Install Data was still present in the Mac-OS-Data partition after i deleted this folder it did no longer appear in my clover loader and all seems to be fine here nowView attachment 457328

i rightclicked on the Mac-OS-DATA partition and selected show in finder , here the folder appeared and i removed it rebooted and ik worked fine again.
That partition is where you stored your files. With Catalina, there are two partitions, macHD and macHD-Data

That partition is where you stored your files. With Catalina, there are two partitions, macHD and macHD-Data
He meant there was the installation folder in that Data volume.

How do you get to that folder? I can't seem to be able to get to that partition.

sorry, I posted in wrong area, can't delete post.

Last edited:
The easiest way to fix this is to download the 10.15.4 Combo update package and then run it. A couple of reboots later and all is fixed. Just takes a little time but worth it to get rid of the option.

Sorry to tell you that I ran the Combo update and had the same problem! So clearly the Combo update is still the problem for some and not the cure. One can always hide that boot option using Clover Configurator, what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back