Contribute
Register

After 10.6.7 update + Multibeast, get error _CST evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need full model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Nvidia > Need model # > See Rules!
After I re-installed Snow Leopard and updated 10.6.7 and ran Multibeast, my screen once again keeps getting the same problem as last time: stuck on white apple boot screen.

I typed in -v as Nomad recommended to see the problem, and it throws the following line when it gets stuck:

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed"

What should I do?

Nobody? Please help... been trying to get this hackintosh to work for almost 3 weeks.

Here are links to my previous thread trying to get it to work: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20400

What I did was:
-update bios to Gigabyte FF
-installed SL
-opened Multibeast
-updated to 10.6.7
-set all defaults in Multibeast per tonymac (viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465)
-Multibeast would keep crashing while I was filling out the info, so I would have to restart it
-upon restart without iboot, I get stuck at the infamous white apple boot screen.
-when I boot with -v, I get the error "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed"

Nobody???

I'm not the best with computers... I'm starting to wonder whether I bit off more than I can chew. I have no idea about these crazy errors that are popping up... And I'm on week 3 of trying to get this thing to run

Bump... Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Got it to work!

After all that trouble, all I had to do was to run EasyBeast in Multibeast instead of the UserDSDT option.

Got wifi to work in 5 minutes using my homemade airport card.

Now I just have to figure out how to max out my capabilities... I am still in 32-bit mode and Safari is freezing up on me after using it for like 3 minutes... even though I have about 12gb of RAM and it is showing up in the 'About This Mac' screen.

You said you updated the bios to FF right. Then did you get the DSDT from here dsdt.php And run Multibeast with that DSDT on the desktop as User DSDT?

What Guide did you follow?
I ask because we have just about the same build and I did everything in this guide viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465 Except I checked of 64 bit boot screen onthe Multibeast settings and all of my stuff works just fine. Even Sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back