RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Edit January 2021: This is (was) on a Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 with a BCM94360CS2 on a PCIe adapter

Update went smooth, everything works as before... except for a "Bluetooth: Not Available" after wake up from sleep.

In fact, I have this issue since 10.14.6 public beta 3 or 4.

A restart solves the issue, until the next sleep. That said, I found that disconnecting and reconnecting the internal Bluetooth USB connector would restore Bluetooth without having to restart.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Last edited:
Update went smooth, everything works as before... except for a "Bluetooth: Not Available" after wake up from sleep.

In fact, I have this issue since 10.14.6 beta 3 or 4.

A restart solves the issue, until the next sleep. That said, I found that disconnecting and reconnecting the internal Bluetooth USB connector would restore Bluetooth without having to restart.

All good here with Fenvi T-919

In fact, I have this issue since 10.14.6 beta 3 or 4.

What BT adapter do you have installed?

BCM94360CS2 on a PCIe adapter
It's bluetooth USB adapter built-in function failed, check your USB info, you will find the bluetooth USB built-in disappeared. The USB not work after sleep, then your bluetooth not work.

Try AirportBrcmFixup.kext, I have the same issue, but bluetooth works fine after sleep. my WIFI/Bluetooth card is 943602CDP.

if you are using clover, put it in ⁨EFI⁩ ▸ ⁨CLOVER⁩ ▸ ⁨kexts⁩ ▸ Other folder, then reboot.

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup_2.0.2.RELEASE.zip
    80.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi ray0512,

I already use AirportBrcmFixup and all my kexts are in the EFI partition.

So far, no more Bluetooth disconnection after resetting the Bluetooth module...

Capture d’écran 2019-07-24 à 18.00.31.png

Thank you :thumbup:

Same issue here on 10.14.6 after sleep, though its not always consistent.
Same Gigabyte Z390 setup as Casey with Fenvi T-919 adapter per his recommendation when I was setting up the machine last year following his guide.

Reboot will fix it, but its incredibly annoying to have to reboot, because all other attempt to unload kexts or kill bluetoothd etc fail

Because of this annoyance I started using the Logitech MX Keys & Master 3 with the dongle just so i could avoid bluetooth alltogether, except for my airpods.

So far, no more Bluetooth disconnection after resetting the Bluetooth module...

Sorry, I never came back here to rectify, but resetting Bluetooth never actually fixed the issue.

Look there, a simple PCIe 1x riser was the culprit... :crazy:

Anyone found a fix for this issue where bluetooth is not available after sleep? I have a Z390 gaming M motherboard, and Fenvi card(don't remember which one). Odd thing is if the machine goes back to sleep, usually bluetooth will work again. When I look at the USB ports in hackintool, when bluetooth is not available it shows it is not plugged into the port. Wifi still works even when bluetooth is not available. I am running Mojave 10.14.6 and open core 0.6.4.

This was on a Skylake Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 with a BCM94360CS2 on a PCIe adapter, I don't have this problem now with my Z390 M Gaming and the same Wifi/Bt adapter...

Did you try another PCIe slot? Mine is on the PCIEX1_2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back