Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Is anyone getting weird total hangs now? A total sound-looping must-restart freeze. Update seemed to go through fine. Processor is i9900, still displayed as i7. iMac18,3 is sysdef.

Is anyone getting weird total hangs now? A total sound-looping must-restart freeze. Update seemed to go through fine. Processor is i9900, still displayed as i7. iMac18,3 is sysdef.
  • Your frustration with this Update 10.14.5, is apparent from the Title of the post that says
    Afger 10.14.5 Update, System is Hanging

Then you say
Update seemed to go through fine.

So, what's the issue?
Processor is i9900, still displayed as i7

Is this a cosmetic or functional issue?
  • This is not the only time that has happened during Hackintosh builds.
    • It is the Functional effect of that change in Processor Name is what we must be concerned about.
      • You have not made your case yet about that in your post by presenting evidences.
  • There are ways to edit wrong Processor name or change it to any name you like to see; you can search and find in this Forum Example BreBo's post -> #2

• Your frustration with this Update 10.14.5, is apparent from the Title of the post that says

Then you say

So, what's the issue?

Is this a cosmetic or functional issue?
  • This is not the only time that has happened during Hackintosh builds.
    • It is the Functional effect of that change in Processor Name is what we must be concerned about.
      • You have not made your case yet about that in your post by presenting evidences.
  • There are ways to edit wrong Processor name or change it to any name you like to see; you can search and find in this Forum Example BreBo's post -> #2

Is this... facetious? I'm asking if anyone is getting system hangs. Ze issue is... system freezing. The other stuff was .. just a side comment? I don't know. Information?

I'm also having random system hangs. (10.14.5) But I've been getting them even on High Sierra and on Mojave as well... really frustrating as nothing helped so far. I can't find anything in the logs either...

my symptoms:
  • Picture freezes/hangs
  • Audio freezes (no sound)
  • No mouse or any other responses
  • Totally random, sometimes i can last for a day without a freeze and then sometimes it happens every half an hour...
my new EFI:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.2 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back