Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Solution: I bought another Fenvi card, this time, a lower coast model, FV - HB1200.
This time all is working 100% and unlock every single time.
I guess my Fenvi T909 have some minor problem. Problem solved :) (after 2 years eheh)

After update, my Apple watch stopped unlocking my Mac. For my understanding, seems like WiFi take longer to reconnect after wake up. On that reconnection period, Apple watch can't auto login. If i wait until WiFi finish connecting (pressing ESC on login screen), it can auto login again. Any one with Apple watch can confirm this problem ?

Last edited:
I had a similar issue, though not related to the update. In System Preferences > Energy Saver, do you have "wake for network access" enabled? If so, try disabling and see if that solves it.

Some other things to try would be to reboot your iPhone and Apple Watch, then uncheck and re-check the Auto Unlock feature in System Preferences > Security

Good luck.

@gyrene2083, that's more like it!! Some comments:
  • It's easy to confuse iMac8,1 with Macmini8,1. The former will not work (support for that model has expired), but the latter will.
  • The VideoProc screenshot looks perfect.
  • If Unlock with Apple Watch is spinning, the first suggestion is as follows:
    • In System Preferences --> Security & Privacy, uncheck Unlock with Apple Watch
    • Disable WiFi. Wait a few seconds. Re-enable WiFi.
    • Re-enable Unlock with Apple Watch
    • It may also be necessary to restart Apple Watch.
  • An easy way to check Handoff/Continuity is as follows:
    • If you have an iPhone or iPad (and it's connected to same iCloud account as the Hackintosh), open an application such as Mail or Safari.
    • Then on the Hackintosh, bring up the Dock and check for the little symbol shown in the screenshot below, and the accompanying Tooltip.
  • This is a good time to make a full system backup!
View attachment 399827
I followed the above instructions and then turned off "wake for network access" as described by @GideonBlack is post #2 and it works now. I never had it working before. I'm on 10.14.3. When I upgrade to 10.14.4, I'll verify it's still working.

I had a similar issue, though not related to the update. In System Preferences > Energy Saver, do you have "wake for network access" enabled? If so, try disabling and see if that solves it.

Some other things to try would be to reboot your iPhone and Apple Watch, then uncheck and re-check the Auto Unlock feature in System Preferences > Security

Good luck.

@ski4evr Just wanted to say thank you! I was having this in Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 (beta 2) and unchecking "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your mac", disabling WiFi, re-enabling WiFi, and then Re-enabling "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your mac" fixed it for me.

@ski4evr Just wanted to say thank you! I was having this in Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 (beta 2) and unchecking "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your mac", disabling WiFi, re-enabling WiFi, and then Re-enabling "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your mac" fixed it for me.
Thanks! Worked like a charm!

I recently put catalina on my hackintosh after taking a break from hacking and running windows for a while to get some gaming action in (my ssd is not big enough to dual boot with a full install of flight sim, the scenery files are massive!).

That little check box could have been the culprit, or disabling or re enabling wifi, but one of those two actions got this working again for me too. I have a rather secure password, and it is a right chore to type it in every time the machine awakens from sleep. Thanks to you guys, I now have unlock with apple watch working again!

I am unsure if checking "HWPenable" as part of the clover config has anything to do with this, but my apple watch just started unlocking the mac again after enabling it. Coincidence perhaps.

I am and it is making a liar out of me... it's back to the way it was. Says unlocking but then just times out, still allows approval of certain things and handoff.... SMH. Sorry for the false hope, it was a great hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back