Q9650
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(See previous post here.)

So far, I can still only get 10.11.4 working in Safe Mode.

Tried using Verbose Mode; after the usual startup abracadabra I get these two lines:

Code:
Sound Assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 3685
Sound Assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1103

and then repeatedly

Code:
hfs: unmount initiated on The Attic on device disk1s2

("The Attic" is my Time Machine backup, attached via FireWire.)

I strongly suspect this was the "spin blink" alluded to in my earlier post. So, disconnecting this, I tried again. This time, after getting the two "sound assertion" lines above, I get a whole spew of entries starting with the word "sandbox," e.g.,

Code:
Sandbox: mdworker(549) deny(1) file-read-data /Applications/Automator.app

This wasn't the only one—there were gobs and gobs of these "Sandbox:" entries in the Console logs. I've attached the entire boot attempt, grabbed from the Console, below. (It was too big to send plain, so it's zipped.)

View attachment boot attempt.txt.zip

Haven't tried re-running MultiBeast or installing the new nVidia web drivers (343.03.06f01) yet—I'm scared I'll just mess things up further. I've heard there are some changes to AppleHDA.kext that may be the problem...

(See previous post here.)

So far, I can still only get 10.11.4 working in Safe Mode.

Tried using Verbose Mode; after the usual startup abracadabra I get these two lines:

Code:
Sound Assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 3685
Sound Assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1103

and then repeatedly

Code:
hfs: unmount initiated on The Attic on device disk1s2

("The Attic" is my Time Machine backup, attached via FireWire.)

I strongly suspect this was the "spin blink" alluded to in my earlier post. So, disconnecting this, I tried again. This time, after getting the two "sound assertion" lines above, I get a whole spew of entries starting with the word "sandbox," e.g.,

Code:
Sandbox: mdworker(549) deny(1) file-read-data /Applications/Automator.app

This wasn't the only one—there were gobs and gobs of these "Sandbox:" entries in the Console logs. I've attached the entire boot attempt, grabbed from the Console, below. (It was too big to send plain, so it's zipped.)

View attachment 182147

Haven't tried re-running MultiBeast or installing the new nVidia web drivers (343.03.06f01) yet—I'm scared I'll just mess things up further. I've heard there are some changes to AppleHDA.kext that may be the problem...

You know, there is another one or two folks posting tonight that have booting (video) issues with 10.11.4, and they have the 730 cards, as well. So far I have not heard of a solution. Have you looked at the 730 possibility?

JDChrstensen said:

You know, there is another one or two folks posting tonight that have booting (video) issues with 10.11.4, and they have the 730 cards, as well. So far I have not heard of a solution. Have you looked at the 730 possibility?

Ran the nVidia web installer. Problem solved—sort of. Still no audio, but at least I now have the other stuff (graphics, MultiTouch, FAT32/NTFS access, fonts) back. Will try re-running MultiBeast to get the audio back. Tusen tack!

Edit: MultiBeast fixed the audio!
:clap:

sselshamy said:

I ws facing same problem after updating to 10.11.4 and solved by:

1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Doesn't apply to my machine (I looked). My correct build is in the sidebar; ignore that stuff in the footer.
Er...what's with the weird spaced-out leading?

Thanks sselshamy, This worked for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back