Advise to get bluetooth on Monterey & Gigabyte Z390

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello,

I would like to activate BlueTooth but I can't understand which kext I should use to activate Z390 onboard bluetooth module with Monterey.
Reading posts and Googling around, I can't make it clear.
If that's not possible, would you advise me a good (not expensive) bluetooth module to add easily and how to configure it in my hackintosh ?

I would like to connect a Apple Keyboard, Magic Trackpad and a BlackMagic Speed Editor.

Thank you very much for your help !

T.

Assuming this is an Intel WiFi/BT card.

You would need to install the Monterey release of Airportitlwm.kext for the WiFi to work.

Do not install Airportitlwm.kext and Itlwm.kext together.

You would need to install BlueToolFixup.kext, from Acidanthera's Broadcom kexts.

Do not install any other Boardcom kexts

You would need to install IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext

Do not install IntelBluetoothInjector.kext when running MacOS Monterey.

You need to make sure that the Bluetooth USB module is active in the USBPorts.kext. The Bluetooth module is usually connected to USB port HS14 on a Z390 Gigabyte board. This port needs to be set as 'Internal' not USB2, if you want it to work correctly.

Hello ! Thank you very much ! I checked and I already have all kexts, but I had also IntelBluetoothInjector.kext in my kexts folder (however it didn't appear in config.plist). I deleted that file.

You need to make sure that the Bluetooth USB module is active in the USBPorts.kext. The Bluetooth module is usually connected to USB port HS14 on a Z390 Gigabyte board. This port needs to be set as 'Internal' not USB2, if you want it to work correctly.
Hmmm. I don't know how to do that... I do not see any USBPorts.kext in my Kexts folder, neither in my config.plist.
Did I missed something ? :-s

Hello ! Thank you very much ! I checked and I already have all kexts, but I had also IntelBluetoothInjector.kext in my kexts folder (however it didn't appear in config.plist). I deleted that file.

Hmmm. I don't know how to do that... I do not see any USBPorts.kext in my Kexts folder, neither in my config.plist.
Did I missed something ? :-s

Hello !
Thanks ! But I can't figure how I can activate the bluetooth : the HS14 port is not listed in Hackintool :
Capture d’écran 2022-06-05 à 16.03.50.png

What am I missing ?

Hello !
Thanks ! But I can't figure how I can activate the bluetooth : the HS14 port is not listed in Hackintool :
View attachment 548948

What am I missing ?

What you should do is not straight-forward, but if you feel confident doing a little text-editing, is not too difficult.

First, create a USBPorts.kext configuration for 14x USB ports but using the guide above.

Once you have your USBPorts.kext, right-click your mouse on it and choose "Show Contents" from the pop-up menu.

Then open Contents/Info.plist in a plain-text editor. TextEdit will do this if you first change the default view to "Make Plain Text".

Once open scroll down to HS13 and copy the complete section <data> to </data>. Paste the copy directly underneath HS13 and edit it to read HS14 where necessary. Also increment the Base64 address to the next, to match 14000000.

Ensure USB Connector type is "255".

Change the Port-Count field to match the new Base64 number.

Then Save.

Use that and reboot.

If you don't understand the above, upload your current USBPorts.kext and I will look at it later today when I'm back on my PC.

:)

I got it !! I clicked on inject button, then I saw that HS14 appeared, I set it to internal, then I deleted all other USB ports inject has added to avoid duplicates. I exported to get USBPorts.kext, added it into my EFI and reboot.
That works... but I feel like a big latency while typing from my Apple Keyboard.

Would you mind elaborating on this? Everything else is clear..

Sure.

The "Location ID" field is incremental, so in the screengrab above you can see it runs from 14100000 to 14F00000. If you add a port manually you have to adjust the rest of the list to follow suit. The big problem with the set-up above is that after "14F" the ports repeat earlier, already used, Location IDs. This is wrong.

Out of interest, you can also just use Hackintool's "Inject" option to populate all possible ports. To do this click on the syringe icon in the bottom row, then remove what isn't needed. Either technique can be used depending on how confident you feel.

:thumbup:

I got it !! I clicked on inject button, then I saw that HS14 appeared, I set it to internal, then I deleted all other USB ports inject has added to avoid duplicates. I exported to get USBPorts.kext, added it into my EFI and reboot.
That works... but I feel like a big latency while typing from my Apple Keyboard.
Hi! Would you please give your final verdict on the onboard BT/(WiFi) module of your Z390 board? Still latency?

I have the Aorus Pro WiFi Z390 mini-itx. I used a Broadcom BT module (Iogear GBU521), but support is broken with the latest Monterey/Ventura. It is unreliable: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1821
I wonder if a switch to using the onboard BT and perhaps WiFi (not needed, I used Ethernet) is an option for having a reliable Bluetooth experience (don't need handoff, etc., just Magic Trackpad to work stable). I am currently running OS 13.0.1.

Back