Motherboard
Asus Z390-A Prime
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, been reading this site for 12 month or more and have built 2 successfull Hacks Thanks for all the help!, I have been pleased with the results I now want something with a lot more grunt and hopefully sort out the Trackpad and Bluetooth problem I have.

I am looking to upgrade from Gigabyte GA P55-USB3 with i7 860 to one of the following,

Ivy bridge i7 3770 with a Gigabyte GA-Z77 DS3H Motherboard,

or spend the extra money and get

Ivy bridge i7 3770k with a Gigabyte GA-Z77 UD5H.

Other Components I have are Radeon 6870, 16GB Corsair 1600 Vengence Low Profile and Fractal Design Define R3 Arctic White Case

Advice anyone please!!!

Either board will be fine. Although I'd prefer the GA-Z77 UD5H, there's been a lot of post with audio problems so you may want to research that a bit...

kduvernay said:
Either board will be fine. Although I'd prefer the GA-Z77 UD5H, there's been a lot of post with audio problems so you may want to research that a bit...

Thanks, just been reading about the audio problems, there does seem to be a fix now.

Is it worth the Extra for the 3770K?

miller hammond said:
kduvernay said:

Thanks, just been reading about the audio problems, there does seem to be a fix now.

Is it worth the Extra for the 3770K?

Id say get the 3770K so you can overclock if you eventually want to.

1) 3770K, you can get 1Ghz more extra easily, which is a lot of improvement.
2) Don't get either both mothers (unless you want one cheap, which the DS3H is your option). Wait for GA-Z77X-UP4 TH or GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. Thunderbold, is the way to go... (and having display port in the intel graphics 4000 is kick ass...).

Cheers.

ed_co said:
2) Don't get either both mothers (unless you want one cheap, which the DS3H is your option). Wait for GA-Z77X-UP4 TH or GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. Thunderbold, is the way to go... (and having display port in the intel graphics 4000 is kick ass...).

Cheers.

Just interesting HOW practically some one going to use Thunderbold??
I know its powerful but for now I do not see any real live use of it.....

ed_co said:

Cheers.

I thought about this option, but isn't the sound on these boards the VIA chipset?

hi miller, nice to know Z77X-UD5H works for you.
can you be more specific with the "Minor issues"? i'm considering the same board and processor too.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back