Integrated
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

I recently discovered the hackintosh world, and I’m getting ready (physically and psychologically) for my first build. This computer will be a DAW station (I work on Logic 9) and I would like to use OSX Mavericks (10.9.5 cause I don’t know my plug-ins compatibility on Yosemite).

Because it’s my first build -and because i'm a noob-, I would like a configuration that is known to be stable. That’s why I choose an 8-serie and not a 9-serie motherboard (issues are known and solved i guess). This hackintosh will succeed my 2012 27” iMac and will only be used for music production.

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H Micro ATX Socket 1150

CPU : Intel Haswell Processeur Core i7-4770K / 3.50 Ghz 4 cores 8 Mo

GPU : Intergrated

RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport XT Mémoire RAM 16 Go (2x8Go) DDR3 SDRAM 1600Mhz

HD : Samsung MZ-7TE250BW SSD interne 840 EVO BASIC 2,5" 250 Go SATA
Western Digital WD Black Desktop WD1003FZEX - 3.5'' SATA III 7200T cache 64 Mo 1 To

PS : Corsair Alimentation PC CSM Series CS650M - 80 PLUS Gold ATX 650W (is 550W enough ?)

Monitor : Samsung S24D300HS Ecran PC TN 24" (60,96 cm) 1920 x 1080 pixels 2 milliseconds VGA/HDMI

What do you think about my build and the compatibility of the components ?

Thanks for your advices,

(Sorry for my English, I’m French)

Max

Your proposed build is well supported by the tools on this website

You don't need any more than a 500w PSU for this setup since you are only using integrated graphics. It's the high performance gamer graphics cards that add much more to your power requirements and overclocking.

If you plan of doing neither of those then your Haswell compatible PSU will not be "busting a gut"

There's a few PC Power Supply Calculator websites out there e.g, http://powersupplycalculator.net where you can input all of your hardware and and it will recommend the power you need from a PSU. For your proposed build, i reckon that 400w would be enough but check for yourself.

For mATX audio PC cases, look at the Fractal Design Define R4(mini) or the Cooler Master Silencio 352

So I'll buy a 550W PSU and a Cooler Master Silencio 352 :)

I've got one last question : I've read about user configurations who use this motherboard that they can experiment Freezes, do you think that i have to change the motherboard or that it's only a question of settings (Multibeast, BIOS...) ?

Thank you very much Robbish,
Maxence

I've read about user configurations who use this motherboard that they can experiment Freezes, do you think that i have to change the motherboard or that it's only a question of settings (Multibeast, BIOS...) ?
I am not aware of "experiment Freezes"

You can save a number of different Profiles in your UEFI Bios which will give you different Over-clocking setups to save and load in the BIOS. I tried saving different UEFI BIOS Profiles setups on my motherboard but i found them to be ineffective for non Overclocking use because general boot settings and non overclocking settings remain unchanged.

If you are using MultiBeast then MB gives you the ability to save your MultiBeast settings to a file so that you can re-use them without having to input the settings over and over whenever the situation requires.

BTW - i have also discovered another mATX "silent" case from Aerocool that may interest you here

Thank you Robbish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back