Contribute
Register

Advice on this potential build for Logic Pro and streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900
Graphics
RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've been doing some research, reading forums and guides, but I'm new to this and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'm trying to build something that can run Logic Pro 10.6 (Catalina) with over 100 tracks easily, while streaming live. Here is the build I've spec'd out:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS Elite AC (Intel LGA1200/Z490/ATX/2xM.2) Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz Eight-Core LGA 1200 Processor

CPU cooler: Either the Corsair H100i PRO Low Noise 240mm RGB Water/Liquid or a Corsair case that has them built in.

SSD: Samsung 860 Pro 1TB 2.5” SATA III

RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 2666 MHz DDR4 DRAM

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 11265-05-20G Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Power Supply: Corsair RMX Series (2018), RM650x, 650 Watt

Case: Probably a Corsair case w/ built in coolers

Possible additions:

Will all of this be compatible? And how will I actually get Logic & authorize it on the computer? I have it registered to my apple ID but have heard to not use the apple ID on a hackintosh?

Thank you

So I've been doing some research, reading forums and guides, but I'm new to this and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'm trying to build something that can run Logic Pro 10.6 (Catalina) with over 100 tracks easily, while streaming live. Here is the build I've spec'd out:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS Elite AC (Intel LGA1200/Z490/ATX/2xM.2) Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz Eight-Core LGA 1200 Processor

CPU cooler: Either the Corsair H100i PRO Low Noise 240mm RGB Water/Liquid or a Corsair case that has them built in.

SSD: Samsung 860 Pro 1TB 2.5” SATA III

RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 2666 MHz DDR4 DRAM

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 11265-05-20G Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Power Supply: Corsair RMX Series (2018), RM650x, 650 Watt

Case: Probably a Corsair case w/ built in coolers

Possible additions:

Will all of this be compatible? And how will I actually get Logic & authorize it on the computer? I have it registered to my apple ID but have heard to not use the apple ID on a hackintosh?

Thank you
No idea about the USB-C card, but otherwise the build should be compatible with MacOS Catalina.

I do not use my Apple ID on my hackintosh systems, but it should be possible to use your Apple ID and authorize your software on your system. Others who know better than me may be able to help. You should also search around for instructions.

Thank you
Check out the Buyer's Guide here to check your hardware.
As for Logic, yes, if you are signed in you can download and install your purchases.

but have heard to not use the apple ID on a hackintosh?
And why not? Fill me in

The StarTech USB-C card works with OS X (ASM3142). I have tested that from Mojave onwards.

May I ask why you're not simply using your current Z390 build? The 10th gen. CPU is not that much better, and will likely be much more difficult to cool silently than an i9-9900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back