Contribute
Register

Advice on quiet CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the Hyper 412 Slim (so i can use full sized RAM) will let you know how it goes

Thanks, please let me know if it fits.

I'm a bit skeptic since from CoolerMaster web site:

Hyper 412 Slim: Dimension 132 x 106 x 160mm (5.2 x 4.2 x 6.3 in)
Hyper 212 EVO: Dimension 120 x 80 x 159 mm (4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 inch)

Have you even used a modern, sealed unit watercooler?
Anyhow, this ought to clear your modules http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6729

I'm not a watercoolesr expert but after reading a few articles from silentpcreview and posts on various forums, it seems that this is not the way to go if silence is the goal.

This will not fit: Corsair Vengeance height is 52.5mm and this has a clearance of 47mm

Did you even look at the picture of how they installed it? Does that seem to obstruct the memory slots at all?
top5.jpg

Ah, it is mounted in the opposite direction so it should not overlap the memory modules. I'll check if it can be ok, thanks.

Thanks, please let me know if it fits.

I'm a bit skeptic since from CoolerMaster web site:

Hyper 412 Slim: Dimension 132 x 106 x 160mm (5.2 x 4.2 x 6.3 in)
Hyper 212 EVO: Dimension 120 x 80 x 159 mm (4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 inch)

I found multiple reviews that stated it does fit high profile RAM. http://skratchwizpc.com/reviews/closer-look-testing/ for example.
Fans are only 15mm thick! Should be building it up tomorrow or friday.

Did you even look at the picture of how they installed it? Does that seem to obstruct the memory slots at all?

The cooler is more of an "L" shape and even if it can be oriented in all 4 directions, it will not fit in my GA-Z77-DS3H.
The only way to avoid RAM slots overlapping is to orient it towards the back panel connectors (left CPU side) but in this case the cooler will go over the MB edge :(.

cooler_master_geminii_s524.jpgGA-Z77-DS3H.jpg

If you're not looking to oc and want quiet than I would suggest an h60 or lower and then add new fans that are quieter. Even with slow moving quiet fans they will cool sufficiently if not over clocked and will be as quiet as you want them.

If you're not looking to oc and want quiet than I would suggest an h60 or lower and then add new fans that are quieter. Even with slow moving quiet fans they will cool sufficiently if not over clocked and will be as quiet as you want them.
He doesn't want advice, he wants to argue real user experiences versus paid reviewers... If he had tried any of the good options presented here this thread would be dead and gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back