Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell OptiPlex 7020
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD4200
Hey all,

Thanks to the forums and a little peek at the installation guide here I managed to install High Sierra through the legacy method that someone here suggested on another post. I found out that I needed the Dell Smbios patch.

Now, I've got a desktop, working sound and working ethernet right out of the box. The 3010 resolution is kind of low and it shows up as a 7000 series model with 5mb of ram. I haven't ran Multi beast yet as I'm not yet sure what to choose. I think I'd go for 3rd party sata, uefi boot, ATI inject, USB inject. Anyone got different advise for me on this setup?

By the way, this is my first hack! I struggled for dayz but once I got the hang of it, it was quite easy I must say.

So small update: installed a security update and now I cannot boot. Important part for me is that it worked. Thanks!

For the 3010 it's best to use the GT 710 graphics card as it's got native support. It also works from High Sierra through Big Sur if you want to upgrade later to a newer macOS. The 6450 can't do that. The 710 costs less than 45 dollars brand new so it's a small investment to make. Get a DDR3 version for the best results.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AZ7M2OY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back