Intel i7-2600K with HD3000
Graphics
Asus ATI HD5670 1GB GDDR3
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Hi all,
I'm looking to get a 4K (Ultra HD) monitor working at 60Hz with a second HD 1080p monitor by upgrading the graphics card in my Hackintosh.
Please does anyone have a good contender for the card based on the spec below?
I have been reading posts on this site for several hours and I'm overwhelmed by information! I'm very grateful for it though - it's an incredible resource.
I'd like to avoid having to update the OS as this took me several days of pain last time but will if I have to.
I use Adobe CC quite a lot and I saw somewhere that nVidia cards have a tendency to make random crashes using those apps from time to time. I don't know how serious that can get. I don't really need a beast of a card, the minimum muscle would be fine. The 4K monitor I have in mind is the LG 27UD68P.
Thanks for any advice.

My current spec:
Hackintosh, mobo GIGABYTE Z77-DS3H
Intel i7-2600K with HD3000
running OS 10.11.2 (El Capitan) with Clover 2.3 UEFI
current GFX is
Asus ATI HD5670 1GB GDDR3

Nvidia Kepler or Maxwell GPUs should do it, a recent Pascal GPU requires a newer OS version. If you don't need lots of power I'd go for an older Kepler GPU because of its native support (e.g. GTX 680/770).
Older AMD GPUs such as R9 280(X) should also work fine.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I was starting to home in on the EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB as they seem to be reasonable price on eBay and have displayport capability.
That would work too right?
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back