Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys. I'm planning on building my own mac and i was just wondering if these parts will work together well with snow leopard. This is my first time building a computer. Im planning on getting:
-Asus P7P55D-E Intel P55 DDR3 Motherboard
-EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2 Video Card
-Intel i7-860 Quad Core Processor
-G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3 RAM
-120GB Solid State Drive
-1.5TB Hard Drive
-Sony DvD-RW Drive

Will it Work??

I'm considering Budget power Build 3 from the customac part of the site as an alternitve. Which is Best??

Thanks Matt.

My opinion, based on two builds, one an ASRock i5, and the other a Gigabyte i7:

Stay EXACTLY in line with the Customac recommendations here. The system with the Gigabyte board was much easier for me to build, and has much more robust support here on tonymacx86 if you don't stray away from the hardware most discussed here.

It looks to me like you are a bit cheap on RAM and video card in your proposal. An extra hundred bucks or so spread between the two for a Radeon 5000 series card and 8gb of ram will make this seem like a different computer, and you are likely to want to upgrade both sometime during the life of the computer anyway. Might as well have the benefit of the extra power right away.

Moved to correct forum, Buying Advice.

Thanks for your advice. Ive decided to go exactly with the budget build 3 except i've added a 120GB SSD :D
Thanks,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back