i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

This is my first Hackintosh build. I own macs since 2012, currently working on a MBP Late 2016 and a MBP Late 2017 (at work). I'll sell the 2016 and build the following system:

• Motherboard: GIGABYTE AORUS Z390 MASTER
  • Processor: Intel Coffee Lake, Core i9 9900K
  • CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 64GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 Quad Channel Kit
  • Storage:
    • 2 X Samsung 970 PRO Series 512GB - since I want to have a dual boot - Hackintosh/Win 10
    • 1 x Adata 120GB SATA SSD (boot volume)
  • GPU:
    • ASUS AMD ROG Strix RX VEGA64 OC 8GB or
    • Sapphire Radeon RX 580 PULSE 8GB GDDR5 256-bit
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 1200W
  • WIFI/Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM943602CD - bought from osxwifi
I'll use the system mainly for web development and design - and sometimes for video editing in Davinci Resolve / Premiere.

Any thoughts, pieces of advice?
  • Will the PSU be enough for this build? I'm having some second thoughts about it - I want a stable system, considering that I'll overclock the CPU to 5 - 5.1 GHz.
  • Is the 970 Pro compatible with Hackintosh?
  • Do you have another recommendation for the wifi/bluetooth module - I'm mostly interested in a bluetooth working solution for iMessage. I'll use the ethernet port for internet since i have a gigabit connection at home and I want to unlock its full potential.

Hello guys,

This is my first Hackintosh build. I own macs since 2012, currently working on a MBP Late 2016 and a MBP Late 2017 (at work). I'll sell the 2016 and build the following system:

• Storage:
    • 2 X Samsung 970 PRO Series 512GB - since I want to have a dual boot - Hackintosh/Win 10
    • 1 x Adata 120GB SATA SSD (boot volume)
  • GPU:
    • ASUS AMD ROG Strix RX VEGA64 OC 8GB or
    • Sapphire Radeon RX 580 PULSE 8GB GDDR5 256-bit
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 1200W
  • WIFI/Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM943602CD - bought from osxwifi
I'll use the system mainly for web development and design - and sometimes for video editing in Davinci Resolve / Premiere.

Any thoughts, pieces of advice?
  • Will the PSU be enough for this build? I'm having some second thoughts about it - I want a stable system, considering that I'll overclock the CPU to 5 - 5.1 GHz.
  • Is the 970 Pro compatible with Hackintosh?
  • Do you have another recommendation for the wifi/bluetooth module - I'm mostly interested in a bluetooth working solution for iMessage. I'll use the ethernet port for internet since i have a gigabit connection at home and I want to unlock its full potential.

(1) Your power supply is more than enough for this build. In fact I will save some money and get a lower powered unit such as a 800W if I were you.
(2) Yes, it is.

Could you please update if your build complete? I'm going to make one and go with GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER and look like it not popular here

thank you

I just built it last night, with the following specs:
  • Storage:
    • 1 X Samsung 970 EVO Series 1TB
    • 1 x Adata 120GB SATA SSD
  • GPU:
    • Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ edition
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W
  • Cooling: Corsair Hydro 150i Pro RGB
You can follow this guide in order to install OSX: https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh
I'm going to do it today and get back with the result.

I just built it last night, with the following specs:
  • Storage:
    • 1 X Samsung 970 EVO Series 1TB
    • 1 x Adata 120GB SATA SSD
  • GPU:
    • Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ edition
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W
  • Cooling: Corsair Hydro 150i Pro RGB
You can follow this guide in order to install OSX: https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh
I'm going to do it today and get back with the result.
sit tight :)

Could you please update if your build complete? I'm going to make one and go with GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER and look like it not popular here

thank you

Just installed it today - everything works perfectly. I actually used everything from this guide: https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh

For setting the Vega64 fans speed i used VGTab by @lihaoyun6
I also managed to connect the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad with an Asus Bt-400 dongle - i also got Facetime/iMessage with it.

I still have to take a look at the Corsair Hydro 150i Pro and see if i can read/control the speeds of the fans.

Issues discovered so far / things that don't work:

- low sound coming from my headphones - connected to line out - needs more testing. However i have a Focusrite 2i2 so i don't care very much.
- sleep doesn't work - most probably from the Corsair Hydro 150i being connected to the internal USB.
- Wi-Fi - the chip is not supported by Apple - get a Broadcom device - i have a gigabit connection at home and the only way to get over 900MB in speedtests is on cable (not really using it, but i love to download things fast when i need them).
- Keyboard and trackpad are not working in Bios

Just installed it today - everything works perfectly. I actually used everything from this guide: https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh

For setting the Vega64 fans speed i used VGTab by @lihaoyun6
I also managed to connect the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad with an Asus Bt-400 dongle - i also got Facetime/iMessage with it.

I still have to take a look at the Corsair Hydro 150i Pro and see if i can read/control the speeds of the fans.

Issues discovered so far / things that don't work:

- low sound coming from my headphones - connected to line out - needs more testing. However i have a Focusrite 2i2 so i don't care very much.
- sleep doesn't work - most probably from the Corsair Hydro 150i being connected to the internal USB.
- Wi-Fi - the chip is not supported by Apple - get a Broadcom device - i have a gigabit connection at home and the only way to get over 900MB in speedtests is on cable (not really using it, but i love to download things fast when i need them).
- Keyboard and trackpad are not working in Bios
That look not very bad I going to make this one working too. Thank you :D

Did you already did a ssdt for usb or a usb kext? This could help for the sleep issue...
Not yet, i’m investigating and i’ll get back on this issue.

The temps however, in stress tests go over 80-90 degrees - which wasn’t the case in Windows, so i’ll have to find a solution.

I’m thinking to install a Win VM and control the fans in it using the Corsair app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back