Contribute
Register

Advice needed: Cheap Graphics Card for HackMini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia GT710's ? - (now available with 4 ports)
Hmm.. 4 HDMI ports are not the reference layout. Has anyone tested one yet ?
Wondering if more than one HDMI port will work.

1622150800689.png

The standard one gives you an HDMI and DVI-D for dual monitors, costs less and we're certain it works.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GF2CL6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
you're saying either of these cards will be plug and play (ie., don't have to install new drivers, or do anything in clover,etc.)?
The drivers are built in to macOS for all 3 cards. You will need to have the latest Lilu and WEG kexts in the kexts/other folder. I think there are about 26 various Kepler cards that still have support even in Big Sur.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GF2CL6

I'll post and update once I've tried it out in case that's helpful for anyone.
just looked at the specs and you may have problems with that model - its shown as havng DDR5 memory which is sometimes a problem and I cant see from the advert if it has a keppler chip - Amazon a good place to get it from if you need to return it.

just looked at the specs and you may have problems with that model - its shown as havng DDR5 memory which is sometimes a problem and I cant see from the advert if it has a keppler chip - Amazon a good place to get it from if you need to return it.
I have one similar to this an Asus gt710 GDDR5 2gb. These have been updated to “working” in Mojave-Big Sur. Mine is a CSM model but looks exactly like the one pictured. It’s good news especially now with the video card shortage. There is one model with 4 HDMI ports that we should test at some point.

Mine is a CSM model but looks exactly like the one pictured. It’s good news especially now with the video card shortage.
This one is also a CSM version. It looks just like the one you tested. 60 USD is the best price anywhere.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.53.46 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back