Hey Guys,
I plan to build my first Hackintosh. The parts:

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU: Intel Core i3 4330 2x 3.50GHz So.1150 BOX
RAM: 8GB Crucial CT102464BA160B DDR3-1600 DIMM CL11 Single
PSU: 300 Watt be quiet! System Power 7 Bulk Non-Modular 80+ Bronze
Case: Cooltek U2
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 128Gb

I want to use El Capitain. What do you think about it? CPU and Mainboard are on the supoort list. Will all parts work fine? I am very new to this.
:?:

I know that 2x4 would be better, but I plan to upgrade it as soon as I start to build programms. :)

I know that 2x4 would be better, but I plan to upgrade it as soon as I start to build programms. :)

Single channel ram is not a good idea for hackintoshes or any modern computer. Be prepared for things not to work very well if at all.

I see your point. What about these: [h=1]8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 DIMM CL11 Dual Kit[/h]I took a look on the forum and could not see anyone who had problems running them. Thanks for helping. I also found a installation guide on tonymac86 for my exact build!
:thumbup::thumbup:

I see your point. What about these: 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 DIMM CL11 Dual Kit

I took a look on the forum and could not see anyone who had problems running them. Thanks for helping. I also found a installation guide on tonymac86 for my exact build!
:thumbup::thumbup:

Well that looks fairly generic and quite reasonable.

If you want to be really smart, have a look at the QVL (Qualified Vendors List) on the Gigabyte website for your motherboard. There you will find ram modules that have been tested by the manufacturer and are known to work.

Alternatively, search the forums for someone else who has used the same motherboard and see what ram they are using.

Either of these options will give you a much better chance of success.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back