Graphics
really slow!!
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Seeking advice and opinions on installing Lion on HP Probook 4730s. I have tried Unibeast but am getting a black screen after I see the gray page with apple logo and spinner. I thought I could overcome this by using the mini-ssdt mentioned in the installing Mavericks guide but the link for the mini-ssdt is no longer valid. I've even backed off and tried to install Snow Leopard with iBoot but ran into a problem with boot0 error which I was unable to repair/overcome. I think my problems mostly stem from the 1600x900 resolution. I have legit Snow Leopard and Lion, Instead of jumping from method to method as I have been, does anyone have a suggestion of which method I should concentrate my efforts on. I'm only looking for a push in the right direction...Thanks

Probook 4730s, board id 167c, BIOS 68SRR ver. F.60, cpu i-5 2410M, mem 4096MB, intel HD3000

Last edited:
Seeking advice and opinions on installing Lion on HP Probook 4730s. I have tried Unibeast but am getting a black screen after I see the gray page with apple logo and spinner. I thought I could overcome this by using the mini-ssdt mentioned in the installing Mavericks guide but the link for the mini-ssdt is no longer valid. I've even backed off and tried to install Snow Leopard with iBoot but ran into a problem with boot0 error which I was unable to repair/overcome. I think my problems mostly stem from the 1600x900 resolution. I have legit Snow Leopard and Lion dmg, Instead of jumping from method to method as I have been, does anyone have a suggestion of which method I should concentrate my efforts on. I'm only looking for a push in the right direction...Thanks

Probook 4730s, board id 167c, BIOS 68SRR ver. F.60, cpu i-5 2410M, mem 4096MB, intel HD3000

Look at this guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-installing-lion-on-hp-probook.77494/

Seeking advice and opinions on installing Lion on HP Probook 4730s. I have tried Unibeast but am getting a black screen after I see the gray page with apple logo and spinner. I thought I could overcome this by using the mini-ssdt mentioned in the installing Mavericks guide but the link for the mini-ssdt is no longer valid. I've even backed off and tried to install Snow Leopard with iBoot but ran into a problem with boot0 error which I was unable to repair/overcome. I think my problems mostly stem from the 1600x900 resolution. I have legit Snow Leopard and Lion dmg, Instead of jumping from method to method as I have been, does anyone have a suggestion of which method I should concentrate my efforts on. I'm only looking for a push in the right direction...Thanks

From where did you download Lion?

From where did you download Lion?
I downloaded the installer from the App Store on my old 2006 MacBook. That's why I'm only up to Lion. My MacBook is old enough that it won't support anything newer than Lion and I don't use non legit software.

4730s, board id 167c, BIOS 68SRR ver. F.60, cpu i-5 2410M, mem 4096MB, intel HD3000

Thanks, I'll concentrate my efforts on this method.

4730s, board id 167c, BIOS 68SRR ver. F.60, cpu i-5 2410M, mem 4096MB, intel HD3000

Just FYI. You maybe better off having at least 8GB of RAM due to Graphical Artefacts with HD3000.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice. I followed RehabMan's guide and have reached the point where I have OS X 10.7.5 on my laptop hard drive and can boot OS X from my hard drive by going through the clover/install USB stick. I tried to run Probook installer Clover Edition several times using versions 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5 and 6.4.6. Each time the PBI CE says "Installation Failed" has anyone else experienced this and found a fix? I'm off to do more digging through the forums for an answer but thought I would put this out there hoping that someone might steer me the right direction. I also can't seem to figure out how I use PBI CE to write and save troubleshooting files so I'm researching that as well. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks for all the help so far.

Oops! Looks like I should move this current question over to the PBI CE thread. I'll post over there. Thanks again for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back