Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hallo guys,

Since I've started working on my thesis, econometric datasets made my old MBP really show its age. And here I'm trying to build a Hackintosch, since WIN sucks and Aplle is too expensive and quality got worse.

The build is meant to be powerful but more for office/editing, only occasionally gaming and possibly silent. On the other hand the possibility to upgrade later would be nice. Current budget is around 600 +/- 100. I would really appreciate any sort of feedback and suggestions regarding suitability, value/performance alternatives, etc.

So here are the Specs:

• GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Socket 1150 Intel Z97 4x DDR3 max 32GB D-Sub HDMI DVI-D PCI-E uATX
  • Intel Core i5-4690K, 4x 3.50GHz
  • Corsair CS550M
  • 16GB (8GBx2) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Kit DDR3-RAM 1600MHz PC3-12800 CL8 Kit
  • Cooltek X3, Tower
  • GPU In Note yet necessary since I'm mostly running excel and Stata and low on cash right now. On-board should be capable of running Office and stuff?
Thank you in advance!

P.S. last time I build a PC was ca. 8 years ago therefore I'm not really up to date...and it seems like it all was easier back them :))

That looks good to me since everything is in the buyer's guide. Out of curiosity, why do you go for a micro-ATX when you can fit an ATX into your case ?

It'll work fine... Also, why would anyone build ATX unless they want a overgrown pig on their desk?

Well if the case can support ATX it's already big so why not use an ATX card that is less cramped, so more space and better airflow ?
That said I'm running a mATX z97 gaming 5 but in an Aerocool DS because I wanted to keep it relatively small and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back