Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Everybody

next month i will beginn my 1st mod in a g4 cube

i plan to buy this hardware

ga h77 n with an I3 3225 and 8 gb memory

it is not my first hackintosh but it will be my first mod then i will have to get advice for the mechanical part and also where i could find easy the slot in blu ray sata

i do that for a gift to the godfather of my son who like the pretty object then i don't want give him a bad cube

so all the advice will be welcome i will pick up the case on thursday then certainly post picture on friday of the "brut" case

Thank you
Thierry

Here is a picture of the Cube

Attachments

• 1erCubeG4.jpg
    1erCubeG4.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 274
it is not my first hackintosh but it will be my first mod then i will have to get advice for the mechanical part and also where i could find easy the slot in blu ray sata

For the optical drive see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-...-my-2nd-hackintosh-case-mod-8.html#post516612 I've bought it off ebay.

The best form factor for a G4 Cube MOBO is "Thin Mini ITX" in my eyes. The perfect MOBO is the Intel DQ77KB. Unfortunately it's discontinued, but you still should find one.

Good luck

MacTester

For the optical drive see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-...-my-2nd-hackintosh-case-mod-8.html#post516612 I've bought it off ebay.

The best form factor for a G4 Cube MOBO is "Thin Mini ITX" in my eyes. The perfect MOBO is the Intel DQ77KB. Unfortunately it's discontinued, but you still should find one.

Good luck

MacTester

I concur with MacTester that the motherboard of choice is the Intel DQ77KB. This motherboard is well documented (see the Intel specifications) and as well with G4 Cube implementations.

There are Haswell thin mini-itx motherboards available but these are lacking in the available documentation and OS X experience documentation.

Good modding,
neil

HELLO

thank you for the answers

as i have some goods experiment with gigabyte board i think my choice will be certainly the GAH77 thin mini itx

for the optical drive the sony one is not available now and my choice will certainly go to a dvd optical drive (this is only for desktop use)

im just asking about thin mini itx board is it possible after to add a video board on the pci express slot please ?

thank you

thierry

as i have some goods experiment with gigabyte board i think my choice will be certainly the GAH77 thin mini itx

The Gigabyte H77 board doesnt have 5V Standby support, at least the specs don't show it. You'll have a tough time implementing a touch sensor without it, if that's what you're planning to do.

for the optical drive the sony one is not available now and my choice will certainly go to a dvd optical drive (this is only for desktop use)

Sorry can't help you there, as I've never installed one.

im just asking about thin mini itx board is it possible after to add a video board on the pci express slot please?

The space in the Cube is VERY restricted, and heat dissipation is a real challenge. Any kind of dedicated video card will add much complexity to your build. You'll need some form of extension cable if you decide to go that route, as the video card will likely have to be located elsewhere than the actual PCI-E slot.

Good Luck!

Ersterhernd

hello

i make my choice for the stuff

motherboard thin mini itx ga h77

processor I3 3225 for the hd 4000

8gigabit ram ddr3 1600

1 ssd 128go and one 1to 2,5 7200 rpm

for the optical drive i foud some sony cheaper on alibaba bluray burner sony around 80$

i need also the touch sensor and 2 extra USB2 and mabe a firefire card

for the wifi and blutooth the mini pcie atheros

my great question is now for the cpu cooler i hesite on a watercooling bloc or a very low but efficent fan with raditor

for the last question i will need help i wouls like to make it fan less but i think it is a big work if somebody has a method for that i will liste advice precisely

thank you

Hello

so on the board that i choose i couldn't use a sensor touch or there is some adaptation wich will make the sensor touch working

the sensor is important cause i want to keep to the maximum the way of the cube

and what about the new gigabyte thin ITX like Q87 or H87

this week i will order the motherboard processor and ram

another question is any dvd burner sata will work ??

thank you

hello
thank you for the answers

i had a look but i really don't understand what will the trouble with the soft touch button on the cube

if i can get more explication please

i will beginn tonight to take off the old component from the cube

thank you

Thierry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back