Contribute
Register

Advice for 3D/Video Editing using G4 Quicksilver chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
I'm a complete newbie to the Hackintosh scene but have been on the Mac side of the fence since OS6.5

My head has been turned by some of the builds I've seen on this forum and I've resolved to attempt a hackintosh of my own.
My goals are

1. Use an old G4 Quicksilver case to build a mATX Hackintosh. I love the form factor and would hope to use the front slots for some extra I/O like usb ports. I realise the case limits some expandability options but form is a factor for me as well as function.

2. Have the machine run a relatively recent version of OS X but El Capitan / Sierra compatibility would be fine.

3. Be a capable machine for Modo 3D work as well as Final Cut X video editing.

I'm tempted to replicate the components used by the YouTuber It's My Natural Colour
but I'm unsure as to the advances in GPU that may be possible since that was made?

Hello All,
I'm a complete newbie to the Hackintosh scene but have been on the Mac side of the fence since OS6.5

My head has been turned by some of the builds I've seen on this forum and I've resolved to attempt a hackintosh of my own.
My goals are

1. Use an old G4 Quicksilver case to build a mATX Hackintosh. I love the form factor and would hope to use the front slots for some extra I/O like usb ports. I realise the case limits some expandability options but form is a factor for me as well as function.

2. Have the machine run a relatively recent version of OS X but El Capitan / Sierra compatibility would be fine.

3. Be a capable machine for Modo 3D work as well as Final Cut X video editing.

I'm tempted to replicate the components used by the YouTuber It's My Natural Colour
but I'm unsure as to the advances in GPU that may be possible since that was made?

Nvidia 10 series graphics cards are out, also that's a 4th gen build. You can either go back and follow the older buying guides or find a newer option 6th or 7th gen. 10 series GPU's work if you just follow the guide to install the Nvidia web driver properly. To use it, you just need to measure the length of the case and find a card of the right size to fit inside of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back