Contribute
Register

Advice & assistance with upgrading from 10.6.8 to 10.9.1 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

I looked around on this site & found that most people solved their "boot1 : error" problem by using a different USB drive, so I did the same. I used a USB3 drive (I have 2 USB 3 ports on my Gigabyte Motherboard, so...) & it installed UniBeast in 11 minutes. 4 times faster than my other drive. I was able to boot to the USB drive, however when I chose the USB drive my screen went black & the monitor looks like it's in Power Saver Mode. The system is ON, but nothing appears to be happening. The USB flash drive isn't flashing. The HDD light is not flashing. Is that 'normal'?

I'll give it a few more minutes & try again.

Any help on this would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks.

I looked around on this site & found that most people solved their "boot1 : error" problem by using a different USB drive, so I did the same. I used a USB3 drive (I have 2 USB 3 ports on my Gigabyte Motherboard, so...) & it installed UniBeast in 11 minutes. 4 times faster than my other drive. I was able to boot to the USB drive, however when I chose the USB drive my screen went black & the monitor looks like it's in Power Saver Mode. The system is ON, but nothing appears to be happening. The USB flash drive isn't flashing. The HDD light is not flashing. Is that 'normal'?

I'll give it a few more minutes & try again.

Any help on this would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Bamim2

You may have better results w this question by posting to the UniBeast Forum

And yes the quality of the USB drive effects the make build and install of the OSX.

I use SanDisk only, for my many USB boot / install drives and I have NO USB 3 at this time.

Thank you. I've been fiddling with this USB boot problem all day. I will go to the other forum & ask a question about this problem there.

Thank you. I've been fiddling with this USB boot problem all day. I will go to the other forum & ask a question about this problem there.

bamin2

One thing to try when you have issues w a screen that goes blank - and you have both internal and external (discrete) video available to you as you do w your hardware configuration.

Remove the internal video card ( nVidia 210 ) and use only the HD of the CPU.

Make sure to set BIOS settings to reflect this video change - set the bios to point to the internal GFX and a memory size of 64 megs.

Then use a boot string -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

And see if this help w install issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back