Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I am currently looking to build my first hackintosh, I will be using an i5 750 chip, but I am not sure on what motherboard to get I was going to get the P55M-UD2 but what are the differences between that and the UD3? I am a total newb, so looking for the easiest and stress free instal.

I am also wondering what GPU to get, I am looking at the Geforce 9800GT or something similar and the Radeon HD 4890. Again I am looking at the install with the least at mount of trouble.

Finally is there any restrictions on a make for the RAM,was thinking of getting either Corsair, or Patriot,

oh and the is the new boot installer better and easier to use than the older one?

Any advicewould be most appreciated.

cheers

If you don't need more than the available slots needed on the UD2 (PCIex16/PCI/PCI/PCIex4) or plan on overclocking high, then its fine to get the UD2. Even the UD2 can OC decently. Just keep in mind most 9800's and just about all 4890's will take up the first 2 slots, which would leave you with a PCI and PCIeX4, should you choose the UD2.
Either of those 2 cards will be fine.

With DDR3 ram, just make sure the voltage isn't higher than 1.65, as they make DDR3 with higher voltages meant for Socket 775 (Core2Duo/Quad) boards. If you plan on Overclocking, I'd suggest getting at least 1600Mhz or if not OCing, 1333Mhz is fine. As far as brands, G. Skill, Corsair, Patriot, Crucial, etc. It's really up to you as they all have the same 4-5 kinds of chips on them. :)

BTW, Which processor were you planning on getting? Just curious

Yes that is very sound advice. I have a GTS 250 which is the same size and it covered up a pci port. Not sure I need it though since most devices that use pci are also made for usb. You should consider this. I like the UD2 since it's cheap and also tony has it :lol: which makes things easy. i am a total noob and i had no trouble getting my machine working first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back