Intel i7-9700K Coffee Lake
Graphics
XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!
This is my first post here, I hope I posted in the right section.

I'm a total noob on Hackintosh, I just made my first build and everything was running smoothly (Adobe included).
After some search in the forum I decided to map my USB ports and create a customized KEXT with Hackintool, so I ditched USBInjectall and all the Port limitation patches I had and the USB is working great!

Unfortunately all of a sudden Adobe CC (Original) 2020 stopped working after that for some reason which I cannot manage to troubleshoot.
Premiere, Media Encoder and After Effects crash on launch, while Photoshop and Lightroom work fine, so it looks like it might be related to how these programs initialize the GPU. I have a Radeon RX580 8GB which is supposed to be supported natively by Mojave 10.14.6.

I tried re-installing all the creative cloud, reached out to the official Adobe support (with no luck), and even tried to switch back to USBInjectall from my previous EFI without any luck.

I thought maybe someone might have had the same issue already so and help would be much appreciated!!

I'm attaching my EFI and the Adobe crash reports: hopefully someone with more Hackintosh experience will be able to help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• After Effects_2020-02-13-104205.txt
    195 KB · Views: 171
  • Adobe Premiere Pro 2020_2020-02-13-102800.txt
    304.6 KB · Views: 190
  • EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 90
Hi again everyone.

I just wanted to follow up on this as I was able to solve the issue.
I was in touch with Adobe all the afternoon and we finally managed to make this work.
As far as I know the issue wasn't HACKINTOSH- related so there's no more need to follow up here.
Thanks again!

It would be nice to know what was it that made it crash, I have issues with PP 2020 exporting and i am a bit lost right now

Sorry, I've been super busy today!
I don't know why, but for some reason the privileges on the Adobe preferences folders where changed to "read-only".
Everything was working fine before I created my custom USB kext with Hackintool, but I have no idea if the two things are related. As far as I understand the Hackintosh part of the PC here is not related with the issue.

Any build of Adobe Bridge 2020 still crashes here for me and I still have to use 2019. This is the only app that crashes for me on Mac. I am also using Lightroom and Photoshop, both latest builds.
I've tried reinstalling, cleaning caches, checking permissions, resetting prefs, creating new user account, even creating a new Mac install, no luck!
It's like a hardware check that fails or something. Bridge crashes on launch without any report.
I've contacted support and they want to perform a screenshare but I would rather like to avoid that.
Any ideas guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back