Graphics
Geforce GTX 1050 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm having a really frustrating issue on my build. Over time (and specifically when using Adobe Illustrator) my performance begins to chug and halt and requires a full reboot to clear. If I do not reboot and try to continue working when this starts to happen, I'll inevitably crash with either a black screen to reboot or a full hard lock freeze requiring a manual reboot. I'm guessing this has something to do with my GPU as most of my logs are regarding that but I can't make sense of it. Unfortunately I can't test hardware on another machine as this is my work build and I can't take hardware out of the office.

k3vJVZM.png

Above is a screenshot of the last 2 items before I crashed which further would indicate either Adobe Illustrator and/or my GPU. I've also attached a zip with some other hopefully useful logs and my clover config.plist. Any help on the issue would be extremely appreciated as I need this build to be as stable as possible (or my boss might kill me)! Aside from this (and Airdrop) everything is working beautifully. Build specs below:

Gigabyte z370 HD3
Intel i7 8700k - No OC
Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (8GBx2) 2400 DDR4 - No OC
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB
Cruicial MX300 275GB NAND SSD
Corsair 650 Watt 80+ Gold PSU
BenQ 4k Monitor running native res, display port from GPU
BenQ 1080p Monitor running native res, DVI from GPU, extended desktop

OSX 10.13.4 (17E199)
iMac 18,2 System Def
NVIDIA Web drivers, most updated for 10.13.4
Installed no issues with Unibeast, Multibeast, Clover, and some tweaks in Clover configurator

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• CRASH.zip
    203.7 KB · Views: 200
You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

See if this edited version of your config.plist makes any difference :

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 291
You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

See if this edited version of your config.plist makes any difference :

Ah ok will do. Can you review what changes you've made to the config.plist? I will give it a try and see if my stability improves. Thank you!

You can review it yourself - Clover Wiki - Configuration.

You'll have to bear with me, I'm new to Clover. My previous build was on Mountain Lion and I didn't use Clover Config! I'm just curious what changes you've made to my config.plist. Was is specific flags? Just want to be on the same page so I can begin to understand :geek:

You'll have to bear with me, I'm new to Clover. My previous build was on Mountain Lion and I didn't use Clover Config! I'm just curious what changes you've made to my config.plist. Was is specific flags? Just want to be on the same page so I can begin to understand :geek:
Get yourself Clover configurator and you can open your config.plist and the one that I edited concurrently then compare the differences. Use the forum Search tool in conjunction with the Clover Wiki and Google to help you to understand.
I see many config.plist files and yours is already deleted and in the past.

Last edited:
Get yourself Clover configurator and you can open your config.plist and the one that I edited concurrently then compare the differences. Use the forum Search tool in conjunction with the Clover Wiki and Google to help you to understand.
Gotcha, I'll take a look. Thanks for your help. I'll report back if the problem persists once I understand the changes you've kindly made for me. Cheers!

Gotcha, I'll take a look. Thanks for your help. I'll report back if the problem persists once I understand the changes you've kindly made for me. Cheers!

Problem persists. Same slowdown to crash in Adobe Illustrator unfortunately.

Bump for some insight!

Bump again. I Have a couple crash logs attached. After a while of Adobe Illustrator behaving very sluggish, I'll get a forced restart with these logs appearing afterwords. I'm at a total loss on this crash but I want to say it has something to do with my GPU. Any insight on this issue is tremendously appreciated.

Attachments

• CRASHLOG-08-27-2018.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 164
  • CRASHLOG-08-29-2018.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back