CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
AMD RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After upgrading from Mojave to Catalina 10.5.5 all Adobe apps (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) are unbearable slow. I suspect there is some sort of graphics / GPU issue at play here. But not 100% why. Moving around the app is incredibly slow. I know it's not the document as I've tried them on my Macbook Pro and there's no issue. And I've reinstalled Adobe CC and the issues persist.

I'm running quite an old SMBIOS, iMac 14,2 (21.5-inch, Late 2012). GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i5-3570K, Radeon RX570, some components are getting on a bit but they're still ok in terms of power and I was having no issues when I was in Mojave using the exact same Adobe CC versions.

Any suggestions on solutions? Would switch to a newer SMBIOS help?

Attachments

• debug_30627.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 68
After upgrading from Mojave to Catalina 10.5.5 all Adobe apps (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) are unbearable slow. I suspect there is some sort of graphics / GPU issue at play here. But not 100% why. Moving around the app is incredibly slow. I know it's not the document as I've tried them on my Macbook Pro and there's no issue. And I've reinstalled Adobe CC and the issues persist.

I'm running quite an old SMBIOS, iMac 14,2 (21.5-inch, Late 2012). GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i5-3570K, Radeon RX570, some components are getting on a bit but they're still ok in terms of power and I was having no issues when I was in Mojave using the exact same Adobe CC versions.

Any suggestions on solutions? Would switch to a newer SMBIOS help?
best to just have your kexts in clover/kexts/other
as you have set config.plist InjectKexts to true

you need to disable Intel:
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

best to just have your kexts in clover/kexts/other
as you have set config.plist InjectKexts to true

you need to disable Intel:
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

I'm not using the built in Intel HD4000 graphics at all, my RX 570 is used as the dGPU that's driving both of my displays. Should I remove the Intel inject true?

I'm not using the built in Intel HD4000 graphics at all, my RX 570 is used as the dGPU that's driving both of my displays. Should I remove the Intel inject true?
that is why i said to disable it......

I've identified a couple of things that might help to find the root of the problem, that's causing Adobe apps / Illustrator to become extremely laggy. The issues with Illustrator / Adobe Apps running slow has only started since upgrading to Catalina (10.15.5).

• Illustrator only runs slow when being displayed on my 4k monitor. If I move Illustrator to my second monitor, an Apple Cinema Display at 1080p, there's no lag.
  • Changing the Lenovo 4K display to a low resolution like 1080p doesn't doesn't stop the lag.
  • The 4k Lenovo display is connected to via HDMI and the Apple Cinema Display is connected to via mini-display port to full display port.
  • Both screens are connected to an RX 570 GPU.
  • Using the same versions of Illustrator (24.2.3) on Mavericks (10.14.*) causes none of the lag issues.
  • Changing to CPU acceleration in Adobe apps doesn't resolve the issues of laggy graphics.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue further?

Hello. Did you manage to solve this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back