Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dears,

Please help!! I was trying to change my admin username of imac 27 5k 2015 version. i clicked the advanced option of "admin username" and changed "Account name and "user name" from sys pref->Users and Group. but i didnt save and just cancelled the process and also didnt restart the system. However it changed "Admin" access to "standard" access. how can i get the admin access again? even i tried to unlock the sys pref, i provided the old admin id and password and also tried with the new one but its not working. username it shows empty field!! Pls save my day.. Pls...

i tried to boot in cmd+R, and try to do resetpassword but in terminal i couldnt type as keyboard(original apple imac) its not detecting..Please help Me...

Dears,

Please help!! I was trying to change my admin username of imac 27 5k 2015 version. i clicked the advanced option of "admin username" and changed "Account name and "user name" from sys pref->Users and Group. but i didnt save and just cancelled the process and also didnt restart the system. However it changed "Admin" access to "standard" access. how can i get the admin access again? even i tried to unlock the sys pref, i provided the old admin id and password and also tried with the new one but its not working. username it shows empty field!! Pls save my day.. Pls...

i tried to boot in cmd+R, and try to do resetpassword but in terminal i couldnt type as keyboard(original apple imac) its not detecting..Please help Me...
Three options:
  1. try another USB keyboard, since the one you have now isn't working in Recovery.
  2. use the on-screen keyboard, which you should be able to access from the menubar (not sure if it's there in Recovery, but it probably is)
  3. if Recovery mode isn't working, try single-user mode. Access it by holding cmd-s when booting. Here is a link (I haven't tried it): http://www.techradar.com/how-to/com...01-changing-your-password-with-passwd-1305729
Good luck.

Three options:
  1. try another USB keyboard, since the one you have now isn't working in Recovery.
  2. use the on-screen keyboard, which you should be able to access from the menubar (not sure if it's there in Recovery, but it probably is)
  3. if Recovery mode isn't working, try single-user mode. Access it by holding cmd-s when booting. Here is a link (I haven't tried it): http://www.techradar.com/how-to/com...01-changing-your-password-with-passwd-1305729
Good luck.

Thanks worked with super user command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back