Contribute
Register

Additional Upgrading 10.8.2 and lost sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple Menu -> Sleep.

When I forced the sleep, the monitor (P2770HD), I felt the presence of "No Signal", but the computer is always on and the fans continue to run smoothly. Before further update to 10.8.2, what to speak of a few megabit (26MB), everything worked great.

: '(

kazuma, check your bios and see if any of the voltages are set to anything other than Auto.

are you running any kind of over-clock?

OK I have my sleep working again on my original over-clock.

I had a bit of time today so I entered the bios and saved my original over-clock profile with a different name and then booted. I set the Energy Saver setting for the machine to sleep in 3 mins (for ease of testing) and prior to starting to experiment with voltages went to make a coffee.

I came back and the machine had slept and then woke perfectly when I touched my Magic Mouse.

So I am now of the opinion that the update to 10.8.2 was coincidental and that the real reason for my issue was a corrupt Bios profile.
I did go over all my settings to check none were different after I saved the original over-clock profile with a different name. I did not change anything but I suppose in effect I did more than copy - I recreated the profile. Which may explain how it worked after copying.

I subsequently tested the original and it still failed even though with exactly the same settings as the newly created one - I checked and checked again and they were identical - however one worked and the other one did not.

Have now deleted the original and am happy to have sleep working correctly again.

I don't know if this is anything others have come across with the new Bios and don't know if its the answer to the original poster's issue but I would suggest it may be worth creating a new Bios profile and trying again.

I tried to see into bios, and C1E is Enabled- C3 disabled and C6 Disabled. Put my Overclock in Offset mode... What's the problem? :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back