Contribute
Register

Additional Upgrading 10.8.2 and lost sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 EU
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Asus GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Edit: Solved with new fake smc!

yes I also lost sleep after applying but only when I run with over-clock - my default non over-clocked settings still have sleep working correctly. I don't have the time to investigate at the moment but will no doubt look at it later. I can get sleep back by setting everything to Auto whilst running at 4.6ghz but this is not a satisfactory solution because the Auto setting use too much voltage and generate too much heat - but it does suggest to me that I can get it working if I identify the correct settings/voltages etc..

Thanks so much for reply. And now? :(

autosleep or forced sleep?

what happens when you force sleep (apple menu>sleep)? do the fans still spin. does it immediately wake up?
details help.

autosleep or forced sleep?

what happens when you force sleep (apple menu>sleep)? do the fans still spin. does it immediately wake up?
details help.

On my board when using the original over-clock settings I used with 10.8.0 which allowed sleep, after the 10.8.2 update it will no longer sleep. The display will sleep but the fans will continue to spin on the machine and the display will not wake up again - necessitating a reboot. I have done no investigation of it yet other than to very quickly create another over-clock configuration with everything on auto - this gives me sleep functionality back again. To be honest I don't really use the over-clock and do not have the time at the moment to dedicate to investigating it.

Apple Menu -> Sleep.

When I forced the sleep, the monitor (P2770HD), I felt the presence of "No Signal", but the computer is always on and the fans continue to run smoothly. Before further update to 10.8.2, what to speak of a few megabit (26MB), everything worked great.

: '(

On my board when using the original over-clock settings I used with 10.8.0 which allowed sleep, after the 10.8.2 update it will no longer sleep. The display will sleep but the fans will continue to spin on the machine and the display will not wake up again - necessitating a reboot. I have done no investigation of it yet other than to very quickly create another over-clock configuration with everything on auto - this gives me sleep functionality back again. To be honest I don't really use the over-clock and do not have the time at the moment to dedicate to investigating it.

YEP! Same problem here! :'(

you got a setting in your bios called internal pll overvoltage? disable it

you got a setting in your bios called internal pll overvoltage? disable it

I can confirm that Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage is also disabled on my over-clock that does not work. This Bios profile worked with autosleep prior to 10.8.2 update. This was an over-clock to 4.6ghz @ 1.27v with some other small tweaks

It is also disabled in the Bios profile I normally use (no over-clock). Sleep and Auto-sleep work.

It is also disabled in a quick test over-clock I did keeping all voltages on Auto - over-clocked to 4.6, 17000+ on Geekbench and with sleep autosleep working.

At some point when I have time I will search for voltage settings which allow auto-sleep on the over-clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back