Contribute
Register

Adding Windows 10 & Linux to existing Clover Catalina (Multiboot/tripleboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I've got an existing build — a Clover Catalina i5 8500 desktop — that I want to add Windows 10 and Linux to.

I have a 500gb SSD, so I suppose the best approach is to add them to the same SSD (but open to other suggestions)

What's the best way to proceed? The guides I've seen on here don't seem to match my case exactly

Thanks!

Hi,

I've got an existing build — a Clover Catalina i5 8500 desktop — that I want to add Windows 10 and Linux to.

I have a 500gb SSD, so I suppose the best approach is to add them to the same SSD (but open to other suggestions)

What's the best way to proceed? The guides I've seen on here don't seem to match my case exactly

Thanks!

The best approach is to use separate disks for separate OS so I would recommend you get one disk for each OS you want to run, that means two new disks in your case.

You may be able to make it work on the same disk, but in case of problems (e.g. one or more OS fail to boot, say, after an update) it may be very difficult to fix.

The best approach is to use separate disks for separate OS so I would recommend you get one disk for each OS you want to run, that means two new disks in your case.

You may be able to make it work on the same disk, but in case of problems (e.g. one or more OS fail to boot, say, after an update) it may be very difficult to fix.
Thank you --

I'll try this. Now it's going to include an attempt to install OpenCore Big Sur. Currently on Clover Catalina. The problem is I don't have broadband — I use a personal hotspot — and the open core guide instructs ethernet needed

Thank you --

I'll try this. Now it's going to include an attempt to install OpenCore Big Sur. Currently on Clover Catalina. The problem is I don't have broadband — I use a personal hotspot — and the open core guide instructs ethernet needed
fyi anyone who comes by this post. I'm testing opencore install with personal hotspot via hb1200 wifi card

I'm just checking in to ask if you figured it out!?
I have a Mojave XPS 15 system running and I would love to make a Win10 external boot drive to use with it.
I've been reading the sticky posts here but they don't seem like to be what I need... but I might be wrong..

I'm just checking in to ask if you figured it out!?
I have a Mojave XPS 15 system running and I would love to make a Win10 external boot drive to use with it.
I've been reading the sticky posts here but they don't seem like to be what I need... but I might be wrong..
Hi, did you find an answer? I’m running Mojave and really want a easy guide for creating a second windows drive and how to set it up on the clover Home Screen to choose between them. Super noob, so yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back