Contribute
Register

Adding/Using HiDPI custom resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I finally got it working. :) Did some more digging in this thread and found some people altering the ig-platformids. Gave it a shot, found a working one. 0x59260002 gets me HiDPI resolutions. Now on the native resolution scaled to 2560x1440. Now I just gotta figure out how to apply that to Clover automatically without entering it on a reboot each time.

ScionicIon can you please refer to which post you read to solve the issue. Im currently at the same position and would need some help. Did you manage to get it working without reboot also?

Hello all, RX580 thru Display port to 34WK95U missing DPI scaling option, I can choose only from the list of resolution. How to enable scaling?

Hello

I have a native display of 2560x1440 in my laptop (Lenovo P40 Yoga)

I'm running Mojave and I'd like to scale the interface by 1.25, that is, having a virtual resolution of 2048x1152 (edit: or rather by 1.33, having a virtual resolution of 1920x1080) and a framebuffer of twice that, if I understand correctly.

I tried creating a plist file using the web tool, but nothing changed. In my System settings I can choose a bunch of random resolutions, but the text gets blurry. I don't see the "scaled" options. Did I understand correctly how this works?

Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true
sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-30e4
sudo cp DisplayProductID-4f0.plist /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-30e4/DisplayProductID-4f0

I rebooted and still nothing.

I also tried the Chinese script linked above, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Last edited:
Hello

I have a native display of 2560x1440 in my laptop (Lenovo P40 Yoga)

I'm running Mojave and I'd like to scale the interface by 1.25, that is, having a virtual resolution of 2048x1152 and a framebuffer of twice that, if I understand correctly.

I tried creating a plist file with 2560x1440 (no hidpi flag) and 2048x1152 (hidpi flag) using the web tool, but nothing changed. In my System settings I can choose a bunch of random resolutions, but the text gets blurry. I don't see the "scaled" options. Did I understand correctly how this works?

ioreg reports AppleDisplay-30e4-4f0 so I created the following using the web tool linked above:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
  <key>DisplayProductName</key>
  <string>Yoga P40</string>
  <key>DisplayProductID</key>
  <integer>1264</integer>
  <key>DisplayVendorID</key>
  <integer>12516</integer>
  <key>scale-resolutions</key>
  <array>
    <data>AAAKAAAABaA=</data>
    <data>AAAIAAAABIAAAAABACAAAA==</data>
  </array>
</dict>
</plist>

and I installed it via the following:

Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true
sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-30e4
sudo cp DisplayProductID-4f0.plist /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-30e4/DisplayProductID-4f0

I rebooted and still nothing.

I tried adding a 0 in front of the product id (04f0) just in case, but nothing changed. I also tried the Chinese script linked above, but it didn't seem to do anything.

I'm running Mojave 10.14.3 with the Clover plist for Intel HD 520 taken from RehabMan's repository and all other things according to the laptop guide thread. (PS. Thank you so much! Once I managed to follow all instructions to the letter, which admittedly took me several days, the installation worked like a treat!!!)
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please be sure to fill out your profile with hardware details as requested in the FAQ.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Also, please be sure to fill out your profile with hardware details as requested in the FAQ.
Done.

In the meantime I've tried several combinations and saved them as DisplayVendorID-30e4/DisplayProductID-4f0, but nothing seems to be enabling the HIDPI resolution I want.

I have a native 2560x1440 display and I'd like to have a HIDPI of 1920x1080, which would be 1.33, meaning 4 physical pixels for every 3 logical pixels. To be honest, I'm not even sure that it makes sense to use HIDPI for a 1.33 zoom.

Here is what RDM.app shows:

Attachments

• debug_5748.zip
    3 MB · Views: 94
Done.

In the meantime I've tried several combinations and saved them as DisplayVendorID-30e4/DisplayProductID-4f0, but nothing seems to be enabling the HIDPI resolution I want.

I have a native 2560x1440 display and I'd like to have a HIDPI of 1920x1080, which would be 1.33, meaning 4 physical pixels for every 3 logical pixels. To be honest, I'm not even sure that it makes sense to use HIDPI for a 1.33 zoom.

Here is what RDM.app shows:

View attachment 386315

You should check that you saved the plist file in the correct location with correct permissions.

I got this screen when the first time I wake up my laptop(Dell Inspiron 7370). I have injected EDID correctly. This only occurs when I add 1600x900 and 1920x1080 into the file.
This is the code section which will make the screen be like that:
Code:
                <data>
        AAAPAAAACHA=
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAHgAAABDg=
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAMgAAABwg=
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAGQAAAA4Q=
        </data>

I also attached a photo that describes the screen problem.

Thanks
Hi,
I'm having the same problem. Have you solved yours in some way?

No
Hi,
I'm having the same problem. Have you solved yours in some way?
No, it has too many issues and the text is too small for me

Hi,
i'm trying to make a modified DisplayPrefence without success.
Long story short :
If i use this code inside my DisplayPreference (it is generated by a script called OneKey HiDPI) i've custom resolutions
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>DisplayProductID</key>
    <integer>1892</integer>
    <key>DisplayVendorID</key>
    <integer>2533</integer>
    <key>IODisplayEDID</key>
    <data>
    AP///////wAGEBSgAAAAAAoWAQSlHRJ4Am+xp1VMniUMUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB
    AQEBPDeA3nA4FEAwIDYANa0QAAAaAAAA/ABDb2xvciBMQ0QKICAgAAAA/gBCT0UgQ1EK
    ICAgICAgAAAA/gBUVjE0MEZITS1OSDAKAMA=
    </data>
    <key>scale-resolutions</key>
    <array>
        <data>
        AAANIAAAB2AA
        </data>
        <data>
        AAALQAAABlQA
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAKAAAABaAA
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAIAAAABIAA
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAKAAAABkAAAAABACAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAKAAAABaAAAAABACAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAHgAAABLAAAAABACAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAHgAAABDgAAAABACAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAFAAAAAtAAAAABACAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAGkAAAA7AAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAGQAAAA4QAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAFoAAAAyoAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAFAAAAAtAAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAEgAAAAogAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAEAAAAAkAAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAADSAAAAdQAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAADIAAAAcIAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAACgAAAAWgAAAAB
        </data>
        <data>
        AAANIAAAB2AAAAAJAKAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAALQAAABlQAAAAJAKAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAKAAAABaAAAAAJAKAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAIAAAABIAAAAAJAKAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAHgAAABDgAAAAJAKAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAGkAAAA7AAAAAJAKAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAGQAAAA4QAAAAJAKAAAA==
        </data>
        <data>
        AAAFAAAAAtAAAAAJAKAAAA==
        </data>
    </array>
    <key>target-default-ppmm</key>
    <real>10.069930100000001</real>
</dict>
</plist>

If i try to modify that file using some custom resolution i want to try they just don't appear.
I have also a question because in that plist some resolution have undocumented hex after the "normal" height and width bytes. Some resolutions have <00000d20 00000760 00000009 00a00000> while others have only <00000690 000003b0 00000001> while others have <00000a00 00000640 00000001 00200000>.
Could please somebody help me for example add a 1600*900 HiDPI resolution to this file ?

Thanks
mattia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back