Contribute
Register

Adding/Using HiDPI custom resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I thought the older one I posted was still usable. Here you go! Thanks!

You are injecting ig-platform-id in SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml.
Any _DSM/ACPI injection overrides injections done by Clover.

Thank you RehabMan! I removed SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml and now my custom resolutions work perfectly. You are a genius.

Thank you RehabMan! I removed SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml and now my custom resolutions work perfectly. You are a genius.

So, I think we can conclude that 0x59120000 does not have proper support for HiDPI, whereas 0x591b0000 does.

Hi everybody.
I am using a MSI Z370A-Pro Mainboard with i7-8700, UHD630 and 4K Display via Displayport 60Hz. MacOS 10.13.5 is working perfectly with 0x59120000 but I can get no HiDPI with 2560x1440. When I use 0x591b0000 MacOS is loading but into black screen! I read the hole thread but can't get a solution.
Any help would be great!!!

Hi everybody.
I am using a MSI Z370A-Pro Mainboard with i7-8700, UHD630 and 4K Display via Displayport 60Hz. MacOS 10.13.5 is working perfectly with 0x59120000 but I can get no HiDPI with 2560x1440. When I use 0x591b0000 MacOS is loading but into black screen! I read the hole thread but can't get a solution.
Any help would be great!!!

Try other ig-platform-id values.
You might read recent pages of this thread for ideas.

Can someone help me enable HiDPI. I've followed the guide on Post #1, both using the manual and the web app linked but still no HiDPI resolutions showing.
Also, I do have 10+ entries of DisplayVendorID-*** on my overrides folder.

Is it safe to just delete all DisplayVendorID-* folders from the Overrides folder? Just so I can start fresh and maybe get it working.

Last edited:
Can someone help me enable HiDPI. I've followed the guide on Post #1, both using the manual and the web app linked but still no HiDPI resolutions showing.
Also, I do have 10+ entries of DisplayVendorID-*** on my overrides folder.

Is it safe to just delete all DisplayVendorID-* folders from the Overrides folder? Just so I can start fresh and maybe get it working.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi, just want to share that I enabled HiDPI above 1080P successfully by changing the ig-platform-id from 0x59120000 to 0x591b0000. Mobo: Z370N, i5 8500, IGPU HD630, Dell U2718Q, DP cable connection.
Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 12.22.16.png Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 12.21.55.png

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Ok sorry for that.
Anyway I deleted the DisplayProductID-* that I created and downloaded RDM app. From there I can see multiple resolutions including with Lightning icon which I think are the HiDPI resolutions.
I just need some clarifications, first do I still need to create the override file (plist)? My monitor resolution is 3840x2160, so for me to get a true Retina (2x), I should choose a resolution which is (3840x2160) / 2 which is 1080p. Am I correct? And so 1440p HiDPI is not true Retina quality?

EDIT:
I've been reading previous pages of this post and noticed that most if not all are using the Intel graphics. I have the RX 460 GPU with the iGPU Intel HD630 enabled on BIOS. Could this be a reason of why my custom resolutions doesn't appear in Sys Pref?
I came across a question if it works on Nvidia cards but the answer was "I don't know". :)

Last edited:
Ok sorry for that.
Anyway I deleted the DisplayProductID-* that I created and downloaded RDM app. From there I can see multiple resolutions including with Lightning icon which I think are the HiDPI resolutions.
I just need some clarifications, first do I still need to create the override file (plist)? My monitor resolution is 3840x2160, so for me to get a true Retina (2x), I should choose a resolution which is (3840x2160) / 2 which is 1080p. Am I correct? And so 1440p HiDPI is not true Retina quality?

EDIT:
I've been reading previous pages of this post and noticed that most if not all are using the Intel graphics. I have the RX 460 GPU with the iGPU Intel HD630 enabled on BIOS. Could this be a reason of why my custom resolutions doesn't appear in Sys Pref?
I came across a question if it works on Nvidia cards but the answer was "I don't know". :)

For HiDPI 1080p, create resolutions for 1920x1080 and 3840x2160.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back