Contribute
Register

Adding/Using HiDPI custom resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i can't see any HIDPI resolution on my laptop. It shows more resolution options with option key but non of them is HIDPI. I enable HIDPI like you described and check it with defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionEnabled (Return 1).
Please take a look at my files.

Attachments

• DisplayProductID-470.plist
    534 bytes · Views: 229
  • ioreg.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 101
You neen RDM tool to change to HiDPI resolutions.

Today I noticed very odd behaviour. I don't touch my override file and my custom HiDPI resolutions disappears. I can't switch to them any more and I can't see it from RDM. I tried delete file, did multiple reboots, then I put file back, multiple reboots again, but still I can't see custom resolution.
I don't understeand it.

Hi,

i can't see any HIDPI resolution on my laptop. It shows more resolution options with option key but non of them is HIDPI. I enable HIDPI like you described and check it with defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionEnabled (Return 1).
Please take a look at my files.

Make sure you install the file to the proper directory with the proper file name.

Today I noticed very odd behaviour. I don't touch my override file and my custom HiDPI resolutions disappears. I can't switch to them any more and I can't see it from RDM. I tried delete file, did multiple reboots, then I put file back, multiple reboots again, but still I can't see custom resolution.
I don't understeand it.

Check HiDPI settings.

Am I right that it is not possible to connect external monitor anymore when using HiDPI? (the computer I am using it on has a Intel HD 520). When I connect a monitor the laptop screen goes black or the external monitor is not detected at all. Is that caused by HiDPI?

Am I right that it is not possible to connect external monitor anymore when using HiDPI? (the computer I am using it on has a Intel HD 520). When I connect a monitor the laptop screen goes black or the external monitor is not detected at all. Is that caused by HiDPI?

Try without HiDPI then you will be able to answer your question.

I finaly discovered, why I can't set HiDPI resolution any more!
It caused by this clover.config hack for Intel HD4600 Safari video freeze:

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

After I removed it, I can select HiDPI resolution again.

I finaly discovered, why I can't set HiDPI resolution any more!
It caused by this clover.config hack for Intel HD4600 Safari video freeze:

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

After I removed it, I can select HiDPI resolution again.

Yeah... that patch has many bad side effects...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back