CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you please check my plist? I just can't get 1366x768 to work in HiDPI mode. SwitchResX and RDM don't help.
Make sure you enabled HiDPI.
Make sure you installed the display override in the correct location, with the correct name, with correct permissions.
Keep in mind it does not take effect until a reboot.

But I think what you're attempting is complete nonsense.
Your EDID shows that your native resolution is 1366x768.
For 1366x768 HiDPI, must have native resolution larger than that.

RehabMan Will this tutorial work for a Dell 8k monitor in Mac High Sierra?
What would be the best resolution in HiDPI for a screen with 7680 x 4320 resolution (280ppi)
From what i read, there is no native 8k support in Mac OS but you can get 8K 30 Hz with SwitchResX
Thanks.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Will this tutorial work for a Dell 8k monitor in Mac High Sierra?
I have no ability to predict the future.

What would be the best resolution in HiDPI for a screen with 7680 x 4320 resolution (280ppi)
It depends on the size of the monitor, your eyes, and your personal preference.

Motherboard
Dell 5570 (clover)
CPU
Intel i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 , 1920x1080
Trying to get 1680x945 HIDPI (my native laptop screen resolution is 1920x1080). Created plist and installed to correct folder.
I can choose 1680x945 with RDM but there is no indication that it is actually HIDPI.
What am I doing wrong ?

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Trying to get 1680x945 HIDPI (my native laptop screen resolution is 1920x1080). Created plist and installed to correct folder.
I can choose 1680x945 with RDM but there is no indication that it is actually HIDPI.
What am I doing wrong ?
You will be able to tell if you screen capture a portion of the screen, then load it into an image editor/viewer.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B630M D3H
CPU
Core i7 8700
Graphics
Integrated
I need some advice. I have an LG 24UD58-B 24-Inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor, the native resolution of this monitor is 3840x2160. My goal is to scale the UI for Mac to 150%. I have always had issues with this display because any other platform besides Windows doesn't know how to correctly scale for it. I have basically two options on both Linux and OSX86, either I run at the native resolution not scaled or I run at the native resolution scaled to 1080p.

Basically I don't have any options to do fractional scaling. On both Windows and Chrome OS, they can scale correctly for this display, on Linux I was able to adjust font size and make adjustments here and there to tweak the UI. I would say this issue is much worse on OSX86 because I can't even do that.

I've been reading through this thread just a little bit and I plan to do more reading and more research in general but I want to ask if it is possible to run this display at the native resolution but scale it down to 2560x1440. Currently it switches the resolution of the display itself to that resolution, resulting in a blurry display. This is kind of like how Chrome OS handled it before, they threw DPI scaling and screen resolutions together and sometimes the display switched resolutions and picking 1080p would properly scale it but it would be too big.

Chrome OS eventually decoupled screen resolution from screen scale and now supports fractional scaling. My question is this thread makes it appear it is possible to trick Mac OS into a HiDPI resolution of 2560x1440, but the comments on here imply it might not be possible and it's to turn on the option for 1080p HiDPI.

I have made a modified plist using the generator and placed it into the correct folder. My display now identifies has LG Custom so I know it's accessing that plist file, but it has not touched the screen resolution options at all. I either run without scaling and the UI is microscopic, or I scale to "looks like 1920x1080" and the UI is comically large, no in-between.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B630M D3H
CPU
Core i7 8700
Graphics
Integrated
Well...I finally got it working. :) Did some more digging in this thread and found some people altering the ig-platformids. Gave it a shot, found a working one. 0x59260002 gets me HiDPI resolutions. Now on the native resolution scaled to 2560x1440. Now I just gotta figure out how to apply that to Clover automatically without entering it on a reboot each time.

ScionicIon can you please refer to which post you read to solve the issue. Im currently at the same position and would need some help. Did you manage to get it working without reboot also?

D

Deleted member 5764

@RehabMan
Excuse the question but I can not tell if the method to activate HIDPI has changed for Mojave. If there is a new method you can link the page with the guide to follow? Thank you