AAAKAA AAAFoA
         	--
         	5120 x 2880 Scaled
         	00001400 00000B40
         	AAAUAA AAALQA

Converting to HEX
Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=Courier]DisplayVendorID HEX : 10AC
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=Courier]DisplayProductID HEX : D06E[/FONT][/COLOR]

So the directory must be DisplayVendorID-10ac
And i found that the directory already exist and has files in it.

In the file DisplayProductID-4093 i got this :

And in the file DisplayProductID-409c :

So i should just add the scale resolution after ?

You need to create a new file that matches your product id. Creation of the file and its contents is covered in post #1.

You need to create a new file that matches your product id. Creation of the file and its contents is covered in post #1.

In my case the product-id is 0x1482, so the name will be DisplayProductID-1482.plist.

My file content is
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs$
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>DisplayProductID</key>
        <integer>53358</integer>
        <key>DisplayVendorID</key>
        <integer>4268</integer>
         <key>scale-resolutions</key>
         <array>
             <data>AAAKAAAAAFoA=</data>
             <data>AAAUAAAAALQA=</data>
             <data>AAAIAAAAAEgA=</data>
             <data>AAAQAAAAAJAA=</data>
            <data>AAAHgAAAAEOA=</data>
            <data>AAAPAAAAAIcA=</data>
         </array>
</dict>
</plist>

My Product ID's are (from IOREG)
Code:
+-o display0  <class IODisplayConnect, id 0x100000515, registered$
    | | | | | | | {
    | | | | | | | }
    | | | | | | | 
    | | | | | | +-o AppleBacklightDisplay  <class AppleBacklightDisplay, id 0x1$
    | | | | | |     {
    | | | | | |       "IOClass" = "AppleBacklightDisplay"
    | | | | | |       "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily"
    | | | | | |       "IOProviderClass" = "IODisplayConnect"
    | | | | | |       "DisplayProductID" = 41002
    | | | | | |       "IODisplayEDID" = <00ffffffffffff0006102aa0000000000a1801$
    | | | | | |       "IODisplayPrefsKey" = "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert$
    | | | | | |       "IODisplayGUID" = 436849163854938112
    | | | | | |       "IOProbeScore" = 3000
    | | | | | |       "IODisplayParameters" = {"commit"={"reg"=0},"fade-time2"=$
    | | | | | |       "IOPowerManagement" = {"DevicePowerState"=3,"CapabilityFl$
    | | | | | |       "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
    | | | | | |       "IODisplayAttributes" = {"IODisplayAttributes"=<676174760$
    | | | | | |       "IODisplayConnectFlags" = <00080000>
    | | | | | |       "DisplayVendorID" = 1552
    | | | | | |       "DisplayParameterHandlerUsesCharPtr" = Yes
    | | | | | |       "DisplaySerialNumber" = 0
    | | | | | |     }
    | | | | | |     
    | | | | | +-o IOFramebufferSharedUserClient  <class IOFramebufferSharedUser$
    | | | | |     {
    | | | | |       "IOUserClientSharedInstance" = Yes
    | | | | |       "IOUserClientCreator" = "pid 6739, com.apple.WebKit"
    | | | | |     }
    | | | | |

I did create two files in the /Overrides/DisplayVendorID-10ac/
Code:
DisplayProductID-53358
Code:
DisplayProductID-D06E
(HEX of 53358)

None seem to apply, i got no additional resolution added on SwitchXRes or monitor panel.

I did create two files in the /Overrides/DisplayVendorID-10ac/
Code:
DisplayProductID-53358
Code:
DisplayProductID-D06E
(HEX of 53358)

None seem to apply, i got no additional resolution added on SwitchXRes or monitor panel.

No need for two files. Only the one with hex product id will match. Make sure it is without an extension. A file with plist (or other) extension will not match. Change your Finder settings to always show extensions, so you're not tricked by Finder. Make sure it is in the correct directory.

All existing examples use lower case for 'a-f' hex digits. Not sure if it is significant.

Code:
<dict>
	<integer>16540</integer>
	<integer>4268</integer>
	<key>IODisplayEDID</key>
	<data>AP///////wAQrJxAAAAAAP8XAQS1NR54Oh31rk81syUNUFSlSwCBALMA0QBxT6lAgYDRwAEBo2YAoPBwH4AwIDUADyghAAAaAAAA/wAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAAAA/ABERUxMIFVQMjQxNFEKAAAA/QAdSx+MHgAKICAgICAgAVsCAxWxUBAFBAMCBxYBBhESFRMUHyCjZgCg8HAfgDAgNQAPKCEAABoCOoAYcTgtQFgsJQAPKCEAAB4BHYAYcRwWIFgsJQAPKCEAAJ4BHQByUdAeIG4oVQAPKCEAAB6MCtCKIOAtEBA+lgAPKCEAABgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAdA==</data>

Actually i got this on the folder (those two file where there)
The strange thing is, the DisplayProductID is different from the ProductID found by IOREG, even if the VendorID is the same. Maybe everything is ****ed up because of that !

Screen-Shot-2015-07-10-17-05-55.png

Code:
<dict>
	<integer>16540</integer>
	<integer>4268</integer>
	<key>IODisplayEDID</key>
	<data>AP///////wAQrJxAAAAAAP8XAQS1NR54Oh31rk81syUNUFSlSwCBALMA0QBxT6lAgYDRwAEBo2YAoPBwH4AwIDUADyghAAAaAAAA/wAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAAAA/ABERUxMIFVQMjQxNFEKAAAA/QAdSx+MHgAKICAgICAgAVsCAxWxUBAFBAMCBxYBBhESFRMUHyCjZgCg8HAfgDAgNQAPKCEAABoCOoAYcTgtQFgsJQAPKCEAAB4BHYAYcRwWIFgsJQAPKCEAAJ4BHQByUdAeIG4oVQAPKCEAAB6MCtCKIOAtEBA+lgAPKCEAABgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAdA==</data>

Actually i got this on the folder (those two file where there)
The strange thing is, the DisplayProductID is different from the ProductID found by IOREG, even if the VendorID is the same. Maybe everything is ****ed up because of that !

View attachment 143603

Make sure your file is correct plist format. The code snippet you have above is not correct.

Use a plist editor such as Xcode.

Since upgrading the OS to 10.11 developer previews, I haven't been able to get any HiDPI 16:9 resolution to work on a Dell U2515H with my Mid-2012 rMBP's NVIDIA 650M using any of the methods on this thread. The "close to 1280x720" resolutions through SwitchResX no longer work, either. I'll try again after the release version of 10.11. Curiously, the 16:10 HiDPI resolutions continue to work just fine.

Since upgrading the OS to 10.11 developer previews, I haven't been able to get any HiDPI 16:9 resolution to work on a Dell U2515H with my Mid-2012 rMBP's NVIDIA 650M using any of the methods on this thread. The "close to 1280x720" resolutions through SwitchResX no longer work, either. I'll try again after the release version of 10.11. Curiously, the 16:10 HiDPI resolutions continue to work just fine.

You should probably read the recent posts.

Two changes:
- need for rootless=0 to change system files
- location of the display overrides has changed

Thanks for the quick reply. Those two suggestions would fall under the "any methods in this thread" part of my post. Something appears to have changed in addition to the new file path and rootless=0 requirement. If anyone has successfully made 16:9 HiDPI work on a Mid-2012 rMBP with a U2515H please let me know.

Thanks for the quick reply. Those two suggestions would fall under the "any methods in this thread" part of my post. Something appears to have changed in addition to the new file path and rootless=0 requirement. If anyone has successfully made 16:9 HiDPI work on a Mid-2012 rMBP with a U2515H please let me know.

Hi !
I got the exact same screen as your's , what os did you used before ? Yosemite ?
And also can you post your plist config (specially the part with resolution converted)

Thank you very much

I will let u know if i got any progress on my side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back