Contribute
Register

Adding/Using HiDPI custom resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I want to connect my LG ultrawide monitor (has native resolution of 2560 x 1080). I did follow the tutorial from the first page and I've generated the plist file that contain 2560 x 1080 HiDPI and 1280 x 540 HiDPI resolutions.
Code:
  <key>DisplayProductName</key>
  <string>LG UltraWide</string>
  <key>DisplayProductID</key>
  <integer>23025</integer>
  <key>DisplayVendorID</key>
  <integer>7789</integer>
  <key>scale-resolutions</key>
  <array>
    <data>AAAKAAAABDgAAAABACAAAA==</data>
    <data>AAAFAAAAAhwAAAABACAAAA==</data>
  </array>
On SysPref panel I don't see any HiDPI resolution.

I've installed the RDM app, I see the 2560 x 1080 resolution but it seems that is not the right one. I have black tiles both up and down of the screen. Also it doesn't seems to be HiDPI resolution.
Can someone help me?

Your ioreg is corrupt, so I didn't look at it (wrong version of IORegistryExplorer used).
If you have no HiDPI, you probably didn't enable HiDPI properly.

Your ioreg is corrupt, so I didn't look at it (wrong version of IORegistryExplorer used).
If you have no HiDPI, you probably didn't enable HiDPI properly.

Can you tell me how to verify if the HiDPI is enabled?
I have used the following commands:
Code:
Danuts-MacBook-Air:~ danut$ sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool YES
Password:
Danuts-MacBook-Air:~ danut$ sudo defaults delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionDisabled
2018-01-15 08:26:36.485 defaults[1230:12414]
Domain (/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.

Please find attach also the ioreg file generated with 2.1 tool.

Attachments

• Danut’s MacBook Air.zip
    683.9 KB · Views: 73
Can you tell me how to verify if the HiDPI is enabled?
I have used the following commands:
Code:
Danuts-MacBook-Air:~ danut$ sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool YES
Password:
Danuts-MacBook-Air:~ danut$ sudo defaults delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionDisabled
2018-01-15 08:26:36.485 defaults[1230:12414]
Domain (/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.

Please find attach also the ioreg file generated with 2.1 tool.

May be related to ig-platform-id choice.
And the data you have for the display override file does not look correct (try without trailer data).
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext not needed...
Don't forget to reboot after enabling HiDPI.

And the data you have for the display override file does not look correct (try without trailer data).
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext not needed...
Don't forget to reboot after enabling HiDPI.
Hi. I have used the automatic tool from this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.133254/page-23#post-1271885 but it seems that it add more values than you suggested. I read once again the first page but I don't understand why should add 00000001 value. Is it because of Mac 11.1 definition?
Right now I have added this two resolutions: 2560x1080 and 5120x2160 and they look like this (no 00000001 or 00200000 value from the automatic tool added):
Code:
  <array>
    <data>AAAUAAAACHA=</data>
    <data>AAAKAAAABDg=</data>
  </array>
Still no luck :(
Related to this:
I have follow a tutorial to get macOS on my laptop so that wasn't my choice. Can you please give me an tutorial or link to learn more?
P.S. Sorry for my bad english .
P.P.S It seems that this override file does the trick: LG UltraWide 29UM57-P
The data value is this:<data>tzoAoKA4GkAwIDoAAAAAAAAa</data> way long from my settings :( .

Last edited:
but I don't understand why should add 00000001 value. Is it because of Mac 11.1 definition?

It is all guessing.

Right now I have added this two resolutions: 2560x1080 and 5120x2160 and they look like this (no 00000001 or 00200000 value from the automatic tool added):
Code:
  <array>
    <data>AAAUAAAACHA=</data>
    <data>AAAKAAAABDg=</data>
  </array>
Still no luck :(

Just by enabling HiDPI, you should have a few HiDPI options listed in SysPrefs->Displays.
If you don't, then something is preventing any HiDPI...

Related to this: I have follow a tutorial to get macOS on my laptop so that wasn't my choice. Can you please give me an tutorial or link to learn more?
P.S. Sorry for my bad english .
P.P.S It seems that this override file does the trick: LG UltraWide 29UM57-P
The data value is this:<data>tzoAoKA4GkAwIDoAAAAAAAAa</data> way long from my settings :( .

No idea what the dspc data is.

Just by enabling HiDPI, you should have a few HiDPI options listed in SysPrefs->Displays.
If you don't, then something is preventing any HiDPI...
Hi again. Unfortunately on SysPref>Display I don't have any HiDPI resolution. On RDM software I see some HiDPI resolutions but they are very very low. I will try to change ig-platform-id maybe I will have more luck.

Hi again. Unfortunately on SysPref>Display I don't have any HiDPI resolution. On RDM software I see some HiDPI resolutions but they are very very low. I will try to change ig-platform-id maybe I will have more luck.

Also, make sure you hold down the Option key when you click "Scaled".

I noticed that by changing my SMBIOS to MacBookPro14,3 from MacBookAir6,2 the HiDPI options suddenly disappeared and I also ended up with only very low resolutions in RDM.

I noticed that by changing my SMBIOS to MacBookPro14,3 from MacBookAir6,2 the HiDPI options suddenly disappeared and I also ended up with only very low resolutions in RDM.

MacBookPro14,3 is a poor choice. Should be MacBookPro14,1.

Using a Dell U2518D, I can see one HiDPI resolution available in my settings but not the one I'm after, using alt displays more HiDPI resolutions but not 1920x1080, the highest available is 1280x720. I'm using my Display port on gtx 1050 if that matters. I don't think my DisplayProductID file is being read (I used the generator at https://comsysto.github.io/Display-...or-with-HiDPI-Support-For-Scaled-Resolutions/) Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back