Contribute
Register

Adding/Using HiDPI custom resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I followed every step carefully but when I click on the resolution with HiDPI (using rdm since alt/option+resolution doesn't show the custom resolution added) nothing happens (PS: DisplayProductID-637.plist was renamed to DisplayProductID-637).
Your help would be appreciated,
thanks.

Maybe you didn't enable HiDPI... (read post #1 for details)
Also, you should try other ig-platform-id values (0x191b0000 for example).

Maybe you didn't enable HiDPI... (read post #1 for details)
Also, you should try other ig-platform-id values (0x191b0000 for example).
I just verified HiDPI was enabled by opening the file.
I tried 0x191b0000 but it's the same :(.
Thanks.

I just verified HiDPI was enabled by opening the file.
I tried 0x191b0000 but it's the same :(.
Thanks.

No idea what you mean by "opening the file".

No idea what you mean by "opening the file".
Sorry, I meant I opened /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver in xcode and verified hidpi was set to YES

Sorry, I meant I opened /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver in xcode and verified hidpi was set to YES

Use the Terminal commands as per post #1.
If you see no HiDPI resolutions in SysPrefs->Displays, you didn't do it correctly.

No further ideas. For you to retrace your steps.
I did that again now.
I moved com.apple.windowserver to my desktop so that it got regenerated on boot just in case I had compromised it.
Then I followed your guide back and I am still at the same result :(. Only using rdm I can select 1280x720 hipdi but before having followed the guide.
When using rdm after having followed the guide it shows my custom resolutions of 1600x900 and 1280x720 in hipdi on rdm (not on sysprefs) and clicking on those doesn't make any effect on screen resolution. Any other ideas?

I did that again now.
I moved com.apple.windowserver to my desktop so that it got regenerated on boot just in case I had compromised it.
Then I followed your guide back and I am still at the same result :(. Only using rdm I can select 1280x720 hipdi but before having followed the guide.
When using rdm after having followed the guide it shows my custom resolutions of 1600x900 and 1280x720 in hipdi on rdm (not on sysprefs) and clicking on those doesn't make any effect on screen resolution. Any other ideas?

No need for RDM.
The HiDPI resolutions should show in SysPrefs->Displays->Scaled (press Option when you click).

No need for RDM.
The HiDPI resolutions should show in SysPrefs->Displays->Scaled (press Option when you click).
True, but they don't :banghead:. Can I ask what is the purpose of adding 00000001 or 00200000 after the resolutions? I have seen you used them on post #1 and they are used on the automatic configurator (even that version doesn't work).
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back