Intel Cote i5 2.7 MHz
Graphics
Radeon 4570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I hope someone already had similar situation...
My build:
mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus ULTRA
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600K
GPU: integrated Intel 630
SSD: Crucial P1 500 MB M.2
RAM: Corsair DDr4 Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 GB 3200

I have successfully installed Mojave 10.14.6 with integrated Intel 630 GPU. I have tried to use PCI GPU XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition, but after dozen of unsuccessful attempts, I have read that XFX is not macOS friendly card. So, I have replaced it with Sapphire RX 580 Pulse, which should be much easier to set up.

Any ideas what needs to be done in order to add this new GPU to my current build? Do you suggest to upgrade to Catalina or to stay with Mojave?
I used Unibeast Mojave boot method and Multibeast Mojave after successful initial booting.

At the moment I have these issues:
- shutdown leads to endlessly booting loop
- Sleep doesn't work
- no WiFi and no BT
- some USB ports do't work

Please advise how to fix these issues?

Thanks a lot.

I just added the same card to our hackintosh after using the intel integrated graphics for about 6 months. I have a Gigabyte motherboard as well. It worked OOB. The only issue we have at the moment is the monitors don't turn on to display the clover boot screen. We just have to hit the enter key a couple times and then it boots into MacOS.

I just added the same card to our hackintosh after using the intel integrated graphics for about 6 months. I have a Gigabyte motherboard as well. It worked OOB. The only issue we have at the moment is the monitors don't turn on to display the clover boot screen. We just have to hit the enter key a couple times and then it boots into MacOS.
When I try to boot from HDD at around 75% of booting process, I get black screen. I can't even boot it with USB Mojave when I set Sapphire Radeon RX 580 as my primary GPU. Booting is going fine and around 75% I get a black screen again.
I am not sure what I need to do.

did you set your bios to have Internal Graphics Enabled and Initial Graphics set to PCI-E 1 slot?

I'll attach my EFI. Maybe it will help you. I am using 10.4.6 Mojave. I don't remember now if I am using unibeast or just a standard Mac OS install. I tried so many variations and once I got it working, I called it good and forgot some of the details.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back