intel HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone, i know that probably this question will be so stupid, but i m noob with os x so i need some help. I'm going to buy a new hdd because I'm running yosemite only with an ssd with 120 gb of storage. Is it possible to put all my apps and files in the new hdd without losing any of them?

I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do. Are you trying to add an additional hdd to your current installation or wanting to move from an ssd to the hdd?

i want to add a new hdd to the hackintosh and move all the applications and files from the ssd to the new drive as i'd like to have only os x on my ssd

Well what I would advise you to do is to leave your applications on the SSD and move your home folder to the new hard drive. This is a fairly easy process and there are thousands of walk throughs on google. The applications folder itself is fairly small I am betting and it is the stuff that is in your home folder (application support, music, movies, etc.) that is the majority of your space. I have about 150 applications in my apps folder (one being WOW and that is 30gbs by itself) and it is only 45gbs just as an example.

http://macs.about.com/od/diyguidesprojects/qt/Move-Your-Home-Folder-To-A-New-Location.htm

this is the one that I used when i was on mavericks, and i had no problems with it when i moved to yosemite so it should be good to go for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back