Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B150
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
I just updated Clover bootloader and neglected to install the new/updated kexts via MultiBeast. So now on restart, my machine will go to the clover boot but hangs when I select the OS. Is there a way for me to load the kexts I need via USB? I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but my search skills are coming up empty.

For reference, I'm on High Sierra and everything was working great until I updated the bootloader.

I just updated Clover bootloader and neglected to install the new/updated kexts via MultiBeast. So now on restart, my machine will go to the clover boot but hangs when I select the OS. Is there a way for me to load the kexts I need via USB? I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but my search skills are coming up empty.

For reference, I'm on High Sierra and everything was working great until I updated the bootloader.

Hi there.

If you still have your UniBeast HS installer, use that to boot Clover then you can select your OS as usual. Once in you can update.

Ohhh so I can write the UniBeast installer to a USB and boot off that? If yes, that makes too much sense and I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of that. ‍

Thanks for the help!

Of course you can. That is what I have been doing all along. I did not install Clover to my hard disk and instead use my Unibeast USB sticks to boot the OSs (Yosemite / El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra) on my various systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back