Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Backstory: I was once a Logic Pro 9 power user, and have been using my main Windows PC, but would like to build a hackintosh for LPX, which would not include a GPU, but since I use Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows, I would like to try FCP, but if I do not like FCP, I don't want to have already spent the money for a GPU that will not be utilized. Question: If I build a hackintosh based on the LGA 1151 socket and do not originally build with a powerful GPU, would I lose easy compatibility a few months later or have to deal with lots of tedious changes and trial and error to get a new GPU, most likely a GTX 960/970 if I were to change the GPU later, if the new GPU I chose is highly compatible, would it be easy to load the drivers and have a successful change? Thanks for the response.
(To The Moderators: I have put this question in the compatibility section because I am questioning the future compatibility of changing the hardware with ease)

Last edited:
Backstory: I was once a Logic Pro 9 power user, and have been using my main Windows PC, but would like to build a hackintosh for LPX, which would not include a GPU, but since I use Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows, I would like to try FCP, but if I do not like FCP, I don't want to have already spent the money for a GPU that will not be utilized. Question: If I build a hackintosh based on the LGA 1151 socket and do not originally build with a powerful GPU, would I lose easy compatibility a few months later or have to deal with lots of tedious changes and trial and error to get a new GPU, most likely a GTX 960/970 if I were to change the GPU later, if the new GPU I chose is highly compatible, would it be easy to load the drivers and have a successful change? Thanks for the response.
(To The Moderators: I have put this question in the compatibility section because I am questioning the future compatibility of changing the hardware with ease)

It's fairly easy to add a GPU later - don't sweat it. There are guides here on how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back