Contribute
Register

Adding dedicated GPU later, best way to prepare install using igpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
I have all my parts, except for the gpu, which I plan on getting in the next couple of weeks (Nvidia gtx 750 ti). In the interim, I would like to complete the initial build using the igpu (intel 630), and later install the dedicated graphics. I would like to simplify this process and go the easiest route, having in mind that I will be installing the dedicated graphics card later.

In case, you're wondering what other components I'm using:
i8700k with gigabyte z370 h3dp, m.2 Samsung evo 960 nvme. Very similar to this build.

What is the recommended method to install using the integrated graphics with the plan to install a dedicated card later?

Should I setup Unibeast/Multibeast with the graphics related options as if I already have the nvidia card installed? From my understanding, I'll have to use the Nvidia web drivers for the 750ti. Will the the system boot on integrated graphics if I did that?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

@bachatu, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back