Graphics
xfx R9 270x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First time here guys, so easy on me please.
I have a buit pc with MSI Z97 gaming 5 and windows 10 ( that was upgraded from win8) installed on a 250gb SSD.
I used the Tonymacx86 guide to install el capitan with unibeast : UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

i created the unibeast usb by choosing the UEFI option, and got installation successful.

I bought a seperate samsung evo 250gb SSD, that i'm planning to install el capitan on.

From all my search i found that my steps should be :

1- detach the win10 ssd, attach the new blank ssd
2- follow the tonymacx86 guide to install el capitan on the new blank ssd.
3- use the tonymacx86 MSI BIOS settings, then set priority to the ElCapitan ssd.
4- attach the win10 ssd.
5- start the pc, and i should see the clover bootloader and be able to choose MAC or WIN boot.

Anything i am missing ?
BTW my graphic card is R9270x, just in case there is any known issues or something.
I also do not know how my win10 was installed ny i am assuming it was UEFI not legacy bc my MoBo is new.

Thanks

the post say unibeast with clover legacy mode. what if my windows10 was UEFI already ? i already did the unibeast with UEFI, should i try first and see if it works ? ( making that unibeast in my VM took forever )
thanks

the post say unibeast with clover legacy mode. what if my windows10 was UEFI already ? i already did the unibeast with UEFI, should i try first and see if it works ? ( making that unibeast in my VM took forever )
thanks

If your Win10 was installed UEFI and you installed Clover UEFI then you should have no problems.

i checked with the msinfo32 method, and win10 BIOS mode is legacy. :(
so now i gotta reinstall unibeast with legacy mode ?? or i have to repartition windows to UEFI and reinstall it again first ?
thanks

i checked with the msinfo32 method, and win10 BIOS mode is legacy. :(
so now i gotta reinstall unibeast with legacy mode ?? or i have to repartition windows to UEFI and reinstall it again first ?
thanks

This is really a matter of preference - re-install Win10 UEFI mode so Clover UEFI can boot it, or re-install Clover Legacy Mode so it can boot Win10 Legacy. Take your pick - re-installing Clover is easiest, but you have a UEFI board and it would be more advantageous to be able to go with the faster boot possible with UEFI booting even if it means re-installing Win10. Since you just installed, now is the time to re-install it before you personalize it and get all of your apps installed if you are going to do it.

I'm sleepless trying to get the install to work.
I have an and r9 279x that was causing the missing Bluetooth transport error. I removed it, and el Capitan booted finally from SSD. But after I reinstalled it, I'm getting flickering picture randomly. Kept playing with those injection patches, till I git black screen after boot. That, and no audio and my pcie to link wireless adapter is not recognized ! I'm ready to give up.

I'm gonna do one more install, what options on multibeast and after that should I do to get my r9 279x working ?
Then the wireless, then audio.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back