CPU
i7 950
Graphics
XFX Black Series HD6870 1Gb DDR5
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a stable hackintosh working under Mac OS X Sierra, and recently, I had to switch motherboards, and decided to give a try at Mojave, everything works fine, except for the fact, I am not able to set the driver for my monitor, so the generic driver not even gets HD 1920x1080p ...

In the past I solved the same problem in Sierra, using a driver I found, but I can't remember the name of the driver nor where did I get it, as it works flawlessly in Sierra, I remember it was for the VX2450 series ...

So my question is I have an old Sapphire Radeon HD6870, working perfectly with Sierra, but I miss dark mode, and I was trying to enable it in Sierra but it's really a pain, as I know Mojave is native in Dark mode, I'd like to give it a try and it worked but didn't support the resolutions I wanted ...

So, I'm trying to figure out what can be done, in case I couldn't find that driver that works great on Sierra.

I have a stable hackintosh working under Mac OS X Sierra, and recently, I had to switch motherboards, and decided to give a try at Mojave, everything works fine, except for the fact, I am not able to set the driver for my monitor, so the generic driver not even gets HD 1920x1080p ...

In the past I solved the same problem in Sierra, using a driver I found, but I can't remember the name of the driver nor where did I get it, as it works flawlessly in Sierra, I remember it was for the VX2450 series ...

So my question is I have an old Sapphire Radeon HD6870, working perfectly with Sierra, but I miss dark mode, and I was trying to enable it in Sierra but it's really a pain, as I know Mojave is native in Dark mode, I'd like to give it a try and it worked but didn't support the resolutions I wanted ...

So, I'm trying to figure out what can be done, in case I couldn't find that driver that works great on Sierra.

Your old graphics card is not supported on Mojave due to lack of Metal support, Apple's graphics framework. It works properly in Sierra, but not Mojave.

If you want to run Mojave with full graphics acceleration you will have to replace your graphics card with a Metal supported card like an old GTX 760 or a RX 570 / RX 580.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back