Motherboard
micro-star MS-16GF (clover)
CPU
intel core i7-4710hq/chipset: intel, haswell rev. 06
Graphics
nvidia gtx860M, intel integrated graphics 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hello I already have macOS sierra installed on one of my hard drives. since I have more room I was wondering could I just add windows to the hard drive as well. iv read up a little but mostly people who have dual boot set it up in the beginning and I all ready have my mackintosh up and running :/ . I understand that installing windows erases the efi for macOS so if I just copy that folder and back up the clover stuff then install windows then boot back into Mac with a usb drive then replace the clover files it will be dual boot then and work properly. does anyone know if that theory works? I just don't want to mess up. thanks

hello I already have macOS sierra installed on one of my hard drives. since I have more room I was wondering could I just add windows to the hard drive as well. iv read up a little but mostly people who have dual boot set it up in the beginning and I all ready have my mackintosh up and running :/ . I understand that installing windows erases the efi for macOS so if I just copy that folder and back up the clover stuff then install windows then boot back into Mac with a usb drive then replace the clover files it will be dual boot then and work properly. does anyone know if that theory works? I just don't want to mess up. thanks

Important dual boot info in the guide (post #2):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back